T5 Dual ballast 24W?

Reaction score
my tank is 400(H) will T5 Dual ballast 24W be enough to penetrate the bottom if i wish to keep corals? if not what will or what other lighting will i need? thanks alot

With that height, t5 will work perfectly but im not sure if the two only would be enough but it also depends what corals you want to keep. lets see what the light gurus have to say.

With that height, t5 will work perfectly but im not sure if the two only would be enough but it also depends what corals you want to keep. lets see what the light gurus have to say.

No prob bud.

Forgot to ask, what is the dimensions of your tank?

it would be best to go with 39w, the 54w is too long to fit on that tank. 54w is 1.2m long and the 39w is 90cm long. get about 6 or 8 but 8 wuold be best, then you know you are set for what ever corals youd want to keep.

it would be best to go with 39w, the 54w is too long to fit on that tank. 54w is 1.2m long and the 39w is 90cm long. get about 6 or 8 but 8 wuold be best, then you know you are set for what ever corals youd want to keep.

could you suggest color arrangment. sorry im really new to all of this

on the colour side im not too sure but maybe durleo or someone else can jump in here.

Last edited:
like i said its no prob. in jeffreys bay, no i dnt sorry bt there are other members from jeffreys bay. post a wanted ad and give it some time, its weekend and not alot of members are on during the weekend or you could try the sponsers and they can post it to you.

If you gonna go with 8 tubes - then get 4 x 12000k white - 4 x actinic or blue
Actinic will bring out the glowing colour of the coral. If you doin a lighting hood the try and use reflectors aswell cos it will enhance the lighting. When it comes to Brand of T5 - reeftek are your budget brand but guys who have tested them have shown that Geissman and aquamedic and ATI are the better options if you can afford them. I ahve seen alot of guys use the Phillip 12000k bulbs which are very cheap and then get expensive Geismann Actinics.

Back
Top Bottom