Sump Help

Thanks for all the help guys, I spoke to Adriaan, he recomends removing the middle section as a first option and adding some support braces because the tank isn't exactly massive and I'm gonna need as much room as possible under there...

I'm gonna try give that a go this weekend, basically remove the middle section, then cut a strip of it just under 10cm thick and put that section back in at the front of the cabinet to give some support around the doors... I'll also try install those triangle shelf brackets, just a bit worried about the screws piercing my tank above, will be very careful though...

I'm confident this will provide enough support...

Wish me luck... :)

Nice little project to get a piece of the ocean in my lounge after about 10 years, feel like a kid again...
Which I guess is what led to the spontaneous buying problem, should have done alot more research before I just bought the first tank I liked... Granted I haven't kept marines for over 10 years now, thought I had it waxed before, had a healthy 3m x 0.5m x 0.5m system for years with just a UG and canister filter...

And lastly...Is it still possible to get hold of sea horses in SA? I've been looking around and haven't seen...

Yes we do get seahorses now and again, one of our members, calvin, is an avid seahorse breeder.

Thanks for all the help guys, I spoke to Adriaan, he recomends removing the middle section as a first option and adding some support braces because the tank isn't exactly massive and I'm gonna need as much room as possible under there...

I'm gonna try give that a go this weekend, basically remove the middle section, then cut a strip of it just under 10cm thick and put that section back in at the front of the cabinet to give some support around the doors... I'll also try install those triangle shelf brackets, just a bit worried about the screws piercing my tank above, will be very careful though...

I'm confident this will provide enough support...

Wish me luck... :)

Nice little project to get a piece of the ocean in my lounge after about 10 years, feel like a kid again...
Which I guess is what led to the spontaneous buying problem, should have done alot more research before I just bought the first tank I liked... Granted I haven't kept marines for over 10 years now, thought I had it waxed before, had a healthy 3m x 0.5m x 0.5m system for years with just a UG and canister filter...

And lastly...Is it still possible to get hold of sea horses in SA? I've been looking around and haven't seen...
yes it is possibile our lfs had sea horses the other day but i recomend that if u get them u shuld know ur story about them

Back
Top Bottom