Stung by coral or creature

Really sorry to hear this Sean, hope he is in good hands.

Like Rory says "If in doubt, GO TO THE DOCTOR!" Don't play around, you could be playing around with your life.

I got stung by a blue bottle about 1.5 years back at Vidal, not the 1st time, but this time was different, 15-20min later I had gone into anaphylactic shock, had to be assisted to breathe, had to be raced to waiting doctor in St Lucia, not fun.

Sean, this in not Koos is it?

No, it is not Koos- btw, how do you know about Koos??

Yes, the best thing is to go to the doctor, but then again, how many doctors know something about Corals, Urchins etc????

I only know of a dentist- and he is a cartoon Character in "Finding Nemo"....LoL

Some feedback, he is back from Hospital, basically got all the medicine you guys described (Perscribed...LoL) as well as a good dose of Antibiotics- putting him in bed Now(Not me- the medicine :thumbup:)

Koekemoer, stop swearing on the forum then you won't have to worry about my little stars :)

Koekemoer, stop swearing on the forum then you won't have to worry about my little stars :)

It is a *** program/ file thing.
.I bet I have stars in this ****ing post:whistling:

mmmmm, makes me thinks biiiggg time- will try all the swearwords in anther thread and see which one comes up without stars...but then again, you are the master of swearing, you probably know (and edited ) them all and then some:razz:

hi sean, i hope everything turned out well, please let me know how your friend is doing

Great to hear that your friend is back at home. I cannot really see the benefit of anti-biotics in this case, because anti-biotics is to kill off bacteria. This is not a bacterial infection.

In any case. Rather safe than sorry.....

Keep us updated on the progress of your friend, please Sean?

Eish hectic. Do I know this guy Sean?
That is the reason why it is so important to wear gloves when working in a tank. Not like a glove will stop you from being pricked by an Urchin though.

Glad to hear he is ok Sean, sounds like it might have been a rather potent type of bristleworm, just goes to show that we all need to be careful putting hands in tanks.

He should hit it with a spoon so it breaks up in his finger.. then just leave it, dit sal uitsweer en dan moet hy dit met detol of n antiseptiese middel net mooi ged skoon maak, maar dit vat so 2 of 3dae vir dit om uit te swee. hy moet dit goed en hard met n lepel slaan dit werk die beste.. ek het in mosambiek geduik en dit het met my ook al gebeer.. dit is al wat help daarvoor dit is heel moontlik n urchin gewees..

Back
Top Bottom