strontium

Reaction score
just a quick question,,whats the alternative for buying strontium 4rom the lfs? Nowadays i luv visiting the pharmacy,i save a hell lot of money on supplements.

try medical supply companies in your area. ask for strontium chloride hexahydrate. it may take a while to find tho. chemists dont stock it

whats the alternative for buying strontium 4rom the lfs

Don't buy it :whistling:

Seriously, are you testing for Sr, and do the tests show a clear deficit?

I have never used Sr since I started with marines, and in all modesty I must state that my corals are not doing too badly - do you really NEED to use this produce?

Hennie

Don't buy it :whistling:

Seriously, are you testing for Sr, and do the tests show a clear deficit?

I have never used Sr since I started with marines, and in all modesty I must state that my corals are not doing too badly - do you really NEED to use this produce?

Hennie

:thumbup: Never used as well.

Regular water changes should keep this in check so dont stress

ok,thanx guys,since adding magnesium,i see a big difference in coral growth,in addition with the relocation of lr(re-stacking) my only problem

Quick question...

I bought some Seachem Reefsalt yesterday and on the back it says that you must always maintain your Magnesium and Strontium levels. I have also never bothered with Strontium and quite frankly have no idea what it is or what it does, but I am now curious as to why Seachem would consider this such an important element to maintain?

Does anybody maintain Strontium? If so why? What does it do? Are we perhaps forgetting something vital in the maintenance of our tanks?

Anybody got any good links about Strontium?

Thanks.

Last edited:
That is a great link, thanks Adee.

Great read boegie, i never worry aboutstrintium and now i will worry even less! will still be aware that inverts need it in slight concentrations

I use to add strontium, with Iodene, magnesuim, calcium etc etc but then again I only did water changes every 5-6 mths:nono:
If you do water changes every month (weekly better) I shouldn't worry about additives unless you have a huge absorbtion (very very very stocked and flourishing tank)

Back
Top Bottom