Strainge transparent plant?

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Please help, i have a transparent plant or organism that is growing from my live rock...

It is very squishy and it has many tenticles, it seems like it has its own bace, like a tube, but is also attched, it looks like feather tips coming form the tenticles...

Please advise...

47024db6b953b32d3.jpg

Last edited:
Aptiasia!!!!! Kill it as fast as you can!!!!!!

Because it looks ugly, it will spread like wild fire and it can sting your corals and fish. I hate them! When you kill it do it fast so that it does not stress out and release spores

Aiptasia are introduced as hitch hikers in our aquarium. Often small specimens come in inadvertently on live rock or attached to the base of corals. Aiptasia are very common in shallow, nutrient rich water, but are also found in most tropical environments.

Aiptasia will reproduce quickly in some aquariums, while in others show little signs of an increase in population. The exact reason is unknown, but an environment high in nutrients and detritus seem to encourage faster growth.

When the aiptasia moves a small piece of the base tissue is left behind. Even a severely damaged piece can regenerate into an entire anemone. For this reason do not try to scrape the anemone off or try to crush it. Instead of killing it you will end up with many more.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Aiptasia anemones are BAD. A couple of anemones are not a big deal except that they quickly spread. They pack a powerful sting that can irritate or kill desirable corals and clams in the tank. Aiptasia are common pests that most hobbyists have to deal with eventually. Consider it a rite of passage in the hobby. Unfortunately, some unscrupulous or unwitting LFS will sell 'anemone rocks' which are rocks overrun with Aiptasia.

[/FONT]
Reefs.org: Where Reefkeeping Begins on the Internet - Aiptasia FAQ's

I bought a mushroom rock.. Later on I noticed it was more like an aiptasia rock with some shrooms on it.. Still trying to kill them but there are so many babies on it! I spit on them!:banghead:

Back
Top Bottom