SteveZi's mini tide-pool project

Pictures??

I struggle to take photos of something that moves around like this, so please excuse the blurrrss -
Death from above...
44704f204953e6a15.jpg

44704f2049bf2c53f.jpg

44704f204a69ba275.jpg

The Dorado is extremely cool. Must be fascinating to watch him in your tank. How about a FTS? Should be easier as the tank doesn't move.;)

But the pictures are nice. No need to apologize.

In the last pic you can see some damage to the back of the dorsal fin, probably from another predator, but after 3days in the tank it has started to heal nicely.
Also, this little daemon has various states of colouration.

Also, this little daemon has various states of colouration.

Hehe Steve, here is the challenge. Take pictures of all different colourations.:lol:

Now i am seriously jealous.

The Dorado is extremely cool. Must be fascinating to watch him in your tank. How about a FTS? Should be easier as the tank doesn't move. But the pictures are nice. No need to apologize.

thanks guys - luckily we can all enjoy it here on the forum:thumbup:
Marcel, the tank looks a bit bleak, not really much to see, but i will get you your FTS

Marcel, the tank looks a bit bleak, not really much to see, but i will get you your FTS

Hey, you forgot the series of different colouration shots.:biggrin:

Steve, now that I have seen the FTS, the Dorado is the eye catching part. Thanks for the pics.
You should post a video from the Dorado. Tank looks great. I wish I had mine done and going already.

the Dorado is the eye catching part

yes, i guess this tank will always be primarily a FISH tank.
You know, I have seen this evening that there is a very real danger of mr dorado ending up in one of the 2 big anemones - when lights go off, it floats dangerously close to one of them and being an open ocean fish it may not be as aware of the danger as some of the reef fish.
So a video of feeding time may end up to be feeding of the anemone..

The Dorado is not doing so well this evening.
Its colour is a bit off, its not eating and its got a bit of a headshake going on:(

Sorry ... I can't resist ... Parkansanze? Appologies again ... But I'm still chuckling from some some members boogers making him a fortune in another thread .... Could he maybe ate something like a nemmie tentacle and going into spasms .... toxins from the nemmie

Last edited:
But I'm still chuckling from some some members boogers making him a fortune in another thread .... Could he maybe ate something like a nemmie tentacle and going into spasms .... toxins from the nemmie

you must be referring to the microscopic koi-baitball:)

I saw him swimming headfirst into a small but potent little anemone, but I think this fish now only wants live food and open space.

Sad update: The dorado is MIA this morning, so I have to conclude that it was consumed by an anemone overnight:(

Sad update: The dorado is MIA this morning, so I have to conclude that it was consumed by an anemone overnight
Pity, I was quite enjoying the pics and banter. Go get another one.:p

Back
Top Bottom