Sps Crab or not???

bollie

Advanced Aquarist
Reaction score
all my colonies has beautifull looking crabs,blue,pink,purple,white etc but my green millepora came with this brown crab,it indeed looked odd as most SPS crabs match hosts colour...untill i notice a white patch and caught this bugger ripping out polyp by polyp and eating it

utf-8BSU1HMDAxNjUtMjAxMjEwMDYtMTY1NC5qcGc.jpg

now,without any cruelty intended, do i flush him??? his obviously nt good for my tank,anyone want it :lol: and an id will be appreciated as i will know for nextime

much thanks:thumbup:

Their beuatiful blue eyes are just there to seduce you into not flushing them...
Facultative corralivore... Their appetite for acroporids is ferocious!

Dude those actually feed on your acros tissue, i would have it removed. Mine had eating a good amount so i put it in sump. From what i know and see the bandit crabs are safe.

Their beuatiful blue eyes are just there to seduce you into not flushing them...
Facultative corralivore... Their appetite for acroporids is ferocious!

Thanks Ivan ...:lol: .... I thort it was just a regular gorilla with an appetite for sps

Dude those actually feed on your acros tissue, i would have it removed. Mine had eating a good amount so i put it in sump. From what i know and see the bandit crabs are safe.

That's exactly what it was doin, yeah I have bandits and purple and pink lol.... My 1 colony of birdsnest has 2 pink crabs and I have fun watching them chase one another in and arnd colony all day :lol: and best is, nothing goes near the sps, they come to surface and stand ready to attack :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom