Something about light you should know

scruffels: 150W MH and 2 T5's is lots of wattage for a 100L tank! :)

warr you know of a tank on the forum that has lighting similar to that to see the colour? dont want to go but it and then i dont like the colour. you the only guys i konw of that have tanks.

eish thats o.k,
but you will boil the water with the mh if you dont have a sump to cool the water a bit down, rather go for 2x 12000k t5's and 2 x actanic t5's

warr you know of a tank on the forum that has lighting similar to that to see the colour? dont want to go but it and then i dont like the colour. you the only guys i konw of that have tanks.

yip, mine is like that 2 mh 150w 10000k and 2x t5's actanic

my first cube had exactly that lighting

52847e9617f774f1.jpg

The War Machine - Members Systems and Setups

ok cool you see i dig the light that a mh gives, just seems crisper, is there is even a word like that. lanzo your tank 1500mm? how much your lightiing system set you back? i want that lighting in my tank im thinking about. but thats future plans but was thinkin about buying 1 mh so long for my little tank. bad idea? dont know if this is ok typing this on this thread. soz if so. new to these things.

Warr: that pic isn't a real accurate depiction of your cube man, was a lot brighter than that!

Buy a lighting pendant that includes the MH and 2 x T5's. They are really cool. Not sure how small you can get them.

This the one a had above the cube

52847efdb7f03495.jpg

ok cool you see i dig the light that a mh gives, just seems crisper, is there is even a word like that. lanzo your tank 1500mm? how much your lightiing system set you back? i want that lighting in my tank im thinking about. but thats future plans but was thinkin about buying 1 mh so long for my little tank. bad idea? dont know if this is ok typing this on this thread. soz if so. new to these things.

R700 per MH x2 =R1400
2x t5's + ballast =R600

=R2000

that pendant increase temp of water at all?

Yeah, but I had an open topped tank and a cooling system in my sump. Really only started heating the system up during hot summer days.

The only annoying thing was the evaporation. I have an auto top unit,but was consuming 100L per week just on top-up, now down to less than 40L.

Yeah, but I had an open topped tank and a cooling system in my sump. Really only started heating the system up during hot summer days.

The only annoying thing was the evaporation. I have an auto top unit,but was consuming 100L per week just on top-up, now down to less than 40L.

100L a day!!!BLIKSEM, how big is the cube?

wow 100L a week! thats ALOT! i have temp problem in summer already. live in a flat thats doesnt cool down at all. oh well will just have to build a bigger tank. thanks warr

Back
Top Bottom