Some Advice Suggestions Please

Discussion in 'Beginner Discussions' started by MichaelB, 25 Feb 2010.

1. MichaelB

27 Aug 2007
    Hi All,

Very new to Marine tanks etc & currently have a 12g Nano (been running for about 2 months) & already have a rimless with sump on order :)

Back to my Nano - it does seem to get abit hot so have the front flap open with a small fan attached but does not look that great - any suggestions on how to fit / hide the fan?

Secondly, I have seen some 12g Nano's where the hood is removed & a small (+- 30cm) light fixture on brackets as been fitted (nice and easy now to fit the fan) - any idea who might sell that fixture here in SA?

Lastly - if I kept the current hood & lighting, is it a major re-wire mission to have the current moonlights wired to own power source? or is it easier to fit a LED strip?

Last last (promise) - do LED strips come in one length only? can they be made to a certain length? Must the LED be mounted behind the splash guard?

Thanks for any advice / suggestions
  2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

4 May 2007
    Need to know what make your nano is, Boyu, Deltec, JBJ etc. Some pics of the inside and outside of the hood will be a big help as well. :)
Recent Posts