• If you are a related business or shop and wish to advertise on this forum and our facebook group then please send an email to admin@marineaquariumsa.com or use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. Cost is R1500.00 for 6 months sponsorship.

Skimz skimmer advice ASAP pls

Reaction score
hi guys
i just purchased a skimz skimmer SM 252 which i got for really cheap but with only a 24 hour warranty i just got home and realised it only has one pump, i called back to the store and the woman i spoke to said they always sell it with only one pump and she isnt aware of a second pump. she did however give me the bosses number
so i plan on going back tomorrow but before i do just wanted to clear... does the skimmer definitely come with 2 pumps (as my online research shows)? or am i just going to make a fool of myself tomorrow. please assist

wp-20150311-17-23-23-pro.jpg

ya basically the store used to be a marine store i walked in to it the weekend and it was a second hand furniture store which still had the name board for a marine aquarium outside. the guys still had some stock they were selling at less 50%

thanks for quick reply

Last edited:
im really hoping they sort me out, this is the third marine store i deal with that someone mentions the store as crooks who screw people over. either most people out to scam you in this business or i have been REALLY unlucky

Where do you go? Lol, don't answer that question.:lol:

Reef aquatics for hardware.
Perky pets is also very good.
Aquatic vision.

There are also a few non sponsors.

havent tried aquatic vision yet but the rest are pretty good. i was chasing down the good deals. really thought i was scoring big here ... tht guy was way to convincing

if its too good to be true, it probably is

whats the name of the store..you could be saving someone else a lot of headache by mentioning the name.or can pm me..coz im just plain bis.lol

well, its obvious that something is missing on the right...

Good luck sorting it out.

24h warranty!! you should get 2 years on that skimmer..

sorry to say but yes it should have another pump or else it will not skim to its specification, great construction of skimmer body, im skeptical about the pumps after having issues with the 1st generation impellors but if you got a good price consider putting a good quality pump on as andre suggested

or

ask for a refund...

either way i think this shop needs to be avoided in future..

good luck

dont worry guys, as i said its now a 2nd hand furniture store that still had some of the old stock laying there looking for homes. will keep you guys updated as soon as i come to a resolution

Update:
i got the extra ES5000 pump :D

wasnt the correct piping on it for my skimmer though, so i need to get the proper plumbing for it

Back
Top Bottom