Skimmer advice

Puppy

Lives for SPS
Reaction score
2 Years ago I would of bagged myself a deltec skimmer without even looking further.

Unfortunately I am little behind with Deltec's new technology and to be honest I fancy the new cone skimmers a lot more.
Don't get me wrong, Deltec is still number 1 in my books, but I feel I can get the same performance for a lot less moola these days.I hope I am not upsetting anyone here :).

Can u guys please tell me what our local markets (skimmer wise) looks like and what brands are out there.International is ok as well ,but local would be better.

So far the KZ revolution skimmer is on my radar, but the model I would like is internal only.I prefer an external skimmer for quite a few reasons.

lol David! I have also been looking at the KZ cone range recently. Damn awesome skimmers.
Have you taken a look at the reef Octopus bubble blaster skimmers?

Hell looks like ATB have this cone shape cornered and are highly rated, dont know if they available locally though.

lol David! I have also been looking at the KZ cone range recently. Damn awesome skimmers.
Have you taken a look at the reef Octopus bubble blaster skimmers?

Yes I have Mek ,but nothing in my mind is telling me to go out and get it.
Is there any performance stats out there for these skimmers.
As far as I know it quite pricey as well.
The KZ skimmer is not cheap ,but hey ,at least I know it works well with sps.

I cant beleive you asking for skimmer advice. Ask Imraan about his new deltec. The BB skimmers seem to really pack a punch. Good luck with the purchase

Hell looks like ATB have this cone shape cornered and are highly rated, dont know if they available locally though.

Thanks Alan ,will do .
Stange ,someone tried to sell me one a few days ago.
Will contact him to find out more.

I cant beleive you asking for skimmer advice. Ask Imraan about his new deltec. The BB skimmers seem to really pack a punch. Good luck with the purchase

hahah thanks Keyaam ,I lost my touch man.
I even forgot some simple common fish names come to think of it.
It takes me a while to get to the names these days.
Yes I spoke to Imraan thanks ,but I am convinced I can get just as good for less.

hahah thanks Keyaam ,I lost my touch man.
I even forgot some simple common fish names come to think of it.
It takes me a while to get to the names these days.
Yes I spoke to Imraan thanks ,but I am convinced I can get just as good for less.

Welcome back puppy.

Have you had a look at the Vertex range...powered by red dragon pumps

Back
Top Bottom