shrimps breeding

zee

Reaction score
Ok guys,here goes.In marine fish for a year now and all I can say is ``WOW`` to this site.Its really helped alot.By just reading the forums you can relate to any problems, concerns and find suitable solutions in a flash.Hence my first real thread after so long...I have been following sean koekemoers concrete tank since the construction phase and what an experience, it felt asif you were apart of it.I may not have have such expertise, time and precision however you really inspired me dude.When I showed my wife whats keeping me so busy on masa, that edited pic of you and that muscular body displayed and she was like what the hell.......

My tank specs as follows (nothing hectic, still allows me the time to go on holidays...)

1.2m tank.
1.2m sump.
Aragonite.
Live rock.
3 nennies.
2 Frogspawn.
green polyps.
about 8 mushrooms.
etc....the normal hardy corals..

Regal tang.
Grey tang
2 Clowns
2 Chromas.
1 fox face.
2 Cleaner shrimps

Anyway I have this problem, my shrimps breed like every month for the past 4 months now.My first batch is about a size of a 10cent coin, the others are all tiny.The shrimps are carrying eggs again and its about to pop! How do I catch them?What do I do?they all seem to have survived but I havent clean my aragonite since forever.I`m too afraid as they made themselves quite at home....

Will upload pics as soon as I can...

Thanks
Zee

Welcome Zee. Please send us some pics of shrimp babies

Wow dude you actually raising them up?how many do you have?if you ever decide to sell a few to a good home please i have first dibs...did you post pics of your set up?if not please do would love to see it.oh and welcome lol even though you not exactly a newbie,more like a forum ghost!

Welcome to MASA Zee, hope you enjoy it here. Please post pics of your tank and sump :wave2:

Thanks guys.will post pic as soon as I can, whats an isopod?Maybe if you could load up pic of that then I can confirm for you.Really enjoy this site!

Here you go:

Isopod
_53W3578.jpg

Amhipod

_53W3576.jpg

Mysid Shrimp

_53W3586.jpg

Thanks, I have alot of the Amhipod but the ``babies`` actually looks alot like mysid shrimp but with my cleaner shrimps colours.Its very difficult to upload pics as they same but will try tomorrow...well...later today.

Please try. If you have successfully bred cleaner shrimps, you are one of the chosen few.

Normally the "fry" get eaten by coral and fish.

Look forward to it

Back
Top Bottom