Shells for Hermit Crabs

Going back to the GlassShell offerings, I note that they have a gold and platinum glass shell version. Wonder if romantic reefers would get his and hers shells with platinum and diamonds for her and gold and rubies for him. :m79:

Go on holiday and pick up a few empty shells from the beach. :whistling::biggrin:

I'm sure you could find locally instead of ordering

Last edited:
Or maybe I could get a few for you if you willing to collect from me .. will pm you

wow, thanks for the generous offers.

Got your PM fuzzy, will chat to you.
@Hails, i work on the outskirts of kempton so that could also work? can we possibly make some arrangements?

Last edited by a moderator:
Go on holiday and pick up a few empty shells from the beach. :whistling:

I was in Ballito for a week earlier this year, searched the beach and the rocks for suitable shells daily and didn't find anything that wasn't occupied by either a snail or a hermit already. I love my hermits, but finding shells is a huge pain.

but finding shells is a huge pain.
oh, popular holiday beaches will be difficult. All the other holiday makers picking up shells as well.

I normally end up at Rocky bay. Not a busy place at all. Loads of rockpools to search through. Yes, a lot of shells are already occupied by mostly yellow tip hermits with a few blue eyed hermits in between. But I do find empty shells.

Popular beaches you have to go out very early morning to find whatever the sea pushed out during the night.

I put the suspected empty shells in a straight line with a bit of water in a plastic serving tray. Eventually when they move its easy to spot the occupied ones from the empty shells. Just check after the next beer, or cold drink (depending on time of the day).

Back
Top Bottom