Seahorse birth today!

Your more than welcome it's great having these children with you Brenda!! The trail and error is a true statement shes trail I'm error....lol

Seriously, I managed to kill off 526 newborn fry in 2 days!!!! Not very impressive since they can typically live up to 5 days without food!

That´s nothing to be ashamed off Brenda.
My first fry I ever had was from the yellow bellie damsel, chrysiptera hemicyanea.
More than 1.000 larvae, I killed them within 2 hours.:(

BTW, thanks for the informations so far. It seems you are doing a good job.
Keep up the good work.

Day 9

One death today, for a total of 6. 31 remaining. Most of them are eating well, I see a few that don't seem to be eating as much as the others.

Start of Day 11: A lot more are starting to hitch. Hopefully they can go to a square tank before another batch arrives.

100_1223.jpg

100_1224.jpg

WOW! Congrats! Thats a fantastic survival rate so far!

Thank you! It is tough to get my hopes up, we have a long ways to go, and many hurdles to face. Typically there is an increase in deaths when we start to add frozen food even though we continue to add the live until everyone is eating the frozen. I'm going to start adding frozen in a week or so. I'll start with frozen cyclopeeze. Once everyone is eating that, I'll slowly start adding shaved mysis shrimp.

lol the mommy seahorse knocked up daddy again ;)

lol the mommy seahorse knocked up daddy again ;)

The poor guy can't get a break! He is more active during this pregnancy. The last time he hid for about a week before he delivered. I kept pulling up his rock that he was hiding behind to make sure his enlarged belly wasn't from air in his pouch.

We will get pics of the two kriessel operation ! Things are looking amazing in the mad scientist lab!!

Cute man!

My girlfriend has recently asked me to setup a sea horse tank for her. So i might be doing that in the next few months to come.

Brenda if you have any good articles around the setup of a seahorse tank would you mind sending me a PM with the links? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks again for the update! :)

Back
Top Bottom