Sea slug got stuck in pump...

Reaction score
Hi guys,
My yellow sea slug got stuck in one of my powerheads grills....
I've tried to remove it without using any force, but no luck on that...
I'm not sure if it's still alive - I sure hope so...
I've switched of the pump, and lights - hopefully he will be able to get himself out of this mess (if he is still alive).

Any ideas - should i leave him there, or must i try to get him out?

Hi guys,
My yellow sea slug got stuck in one of my powerheads grills....
I've tried to remove it without using any force, but no luck on that...
I'm not sure if it's still alive - I sure hope so...
I've switched of the pump, and lights - hopefully he will be able to get himself out of this mess (if he is still alive).

Any ideas - should i leave him there, or must i try to get him out?

Leave the pump off and let him get out him self

sorry to hear man.thats the reason why i dont like nennies,snails and slugs

Hi bra sorry to hear,how is this for power my turbo snail got stuck on the side of the tunze 6100, 2 weeks ago and was fighting for his life and maid it off,thats why they call them turbo snails i think it was the 80kw noss hey

i had a slug once - woke up one morning to find bits of him all over my tank - my seio had him as a midnight snack - never again.

I'm going to try to cover my pumps some way - maybe with some of those plastic nets....Well after the slug made his getaway...

If the slug doesn't escape it may stress and emit toxins into your tank, i think you need to cut it out (cut the powerhead - not the slug) otherwise you could wipe out your entire tank.

I've just removed the slug from the pump - she doesn't look very alive at this stage.:( Will give her some time before i remove her...

Back
Top Bottom