Thinking of adding this fish to my tank. So total stock wish list is:

Blue throat trigger
2 anthias
1 blenny
Scopas Tang

No more in a 360L tank.

Your experiences with a scopas?
Good fish to get?
How ich prone are they compared to the Acanthurus species?
is the tank big enough1m*60*60?
Any other advice would be appreciated?

One of my Fav tang.. very playful, one of the hardy among the tang..easy to acclimate:thumbup: much on black spot than white spot. IMO

Easy to keep and quiet placid compare to other tangs

A nice hardy fish, go for it :)

Have one myself...with a yellow sailfin and regal tang! The scopas did contract white spot when I added him. Went away and he has doubled is size :thumbup:(had him for about 3 months now)...grazing on algae and eating nori, brine shrimp and flake food...he is really not fussy!! Fantastic fish to have and he plays all day long with my Rockskipper and the other 2 tangs! Great fish to have ;)

I had one and gave it to a buddy as he was having a bad patch of hair algae. I couldnt believe he chowed everything in one week

I got one, lovely little fella - chows brine shrimp, nori and pecks at the rocks all day :)

I have 2, they are cool Tangs. They do get upset withall Zebrasoma species. My Purple took quite a hammering when first introduced with the Scopas. They actually have quite a large variety in colouring, so keep your eyes open for some unusual varieties.

IMO you don't have enough Anthias, I would suggest at least 3 or 4. They are schooling fish in the wild, not pairing.

My scopas also made my sailfin tang KNOW WHO WAS BOSS in the first 2 days.... now - my scopas tolerates my sailfin....
My scopas' coloration goes from black on the tank, to NEARLY yellow, towards the face.... with pitch black eyes... ;) It has a miriad of blueish lines/spots on...

Back
Top Bottom