Urgent help needed Sailfin tang swimming like a drunk

Reaction score
My Sailfin Tang is swimming like a drunk. He's still eating and chasing food, but his swimming upsidedown, sideways etc. He's quite large and has beenn very happy. Reckon I can save him? Rest of fish (goldies, triggers, wrasses etc) and inverts (shrimps, crabs) are all happy and feeding well.

yeah that would be my first guess too, I dont think you can do anything for him though :( but wait a while and see what others have to say

My Sailfin Tang is swimming like a drunk. He's still eating and chasing food, but his swimming upsidedown, sideways etc. He's quite large and has beenn very happy. Reckon I can save him? Rest of fish (goldies, triggers, wrasses etc) and inverts (shrimps, crabs) are all happy and feeding well.

Sorry brother. I had same experience with my selfin tang. it happened with the silfin, which was with me almost a year or so, and ended up on death..... i was thinking to return my sailfin to Sea but, unfortunatly within three or four days it dead.

Try feeding fresh raw garlic or adding garlic power to the food.

I had a regal tang that did this for about a week then I started adding garlic power to his food and he came right in a day.

coincidense maybe.... but nothing else seemed to make a difference.

Back
Top Bottom