Rumours and Nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just dont want that poor oke to get reported. Not for such a tiny frag. It would be a different case if he took a bakkie load of sps colonies and tried to sell it

@magman

I just finished reading the thread on the other forum, where I didn't even know that this one exists. I have seen many Masa members on there as well as some people I absolutely dislike.

Bottom line, nothing wrong with NJ's post over there at all.

Is there anybody out there besides Rory and myself, who are able to see the bigger picture?

On the other forum, staff members admitted to smoke weed. :whistling:
It seems, on here the weed consumption is more anonymous. ;)

Yes, I agree with Rory. NJ focussed a bit to much on his own strategy and that leads to the assumption that NJ wants to create a monopoly and ban of home fragging.
To use the term GREEDY together with NJ is just ridiculous.

We are all breaking the law with keeping marines in an aquaria, never mind fragging corals.
Face it, the DAFF has to adjust the existing law, so that we all can grow and breed whatever we can. Of course, people like NJ and myself have spent already lots of time and money into the venture and want to see our investments to be safe and growing.
There is nothing wrong with fragging corals at home, to swap at reefclub meetings or even selling them/ trading them to subsidise our hobby. But it also cannot be, that somebody makes a couple of thousands of Rands just for the profit, without such permit. I want to make a living with breeding and when I can drop my job, I have to rely on this income. Any breeder that will sell to LFS on a regular basis will be competition and will get reported by me! Bank on that one.

I hate SARS, but that is what keeps the shit together. Tax money is important and lets us live in a stable environment. So fragging should be regulated to X-amount of litres per home coral frag systems as hobby substitution. Anything above the X-amount of litres for frag systems has to be regulated via a permit and should fall under small scale fragging, etc. Pretty much like a part time job from home.
Same has to be done for breeding. Such small scale coral farms/fish breeding farms can supply wholesalers or LFS directly. Having all that in place, we can grow and breed most of what's wanted, here in SA.

Set up a committee seems to be a good idea, but who is going to do that?
Me? NJ? Everybody already has made up their mind that the two of us just want the biggest piece of cake to fill our own pockets. So who is now next in the row?
Nobody, because everybody else is happy with the way it is.
But there is a big surprise coming up in the future. No wild caught livestock!
Of course it is guys like NJ who pull the socks up and go one on one with the DAFF. You need to know the industry well enough to play that kinda ball game.

Instead of supporting what NJ is trying to change, he gets axed, just because of some spicy comment. To work together hand in hand for a solution with the DAFF, requests given and take. That means to me, in such instance NJ is bound to report!

Has anybody thought of that? Has anybody thought of the fact that the DAFF is monitoring MASA and the two other forums? I do not assume so, I know so!
I mentioned it before. Some member of the DAFF told me, that they consider to raid LFS for illegal bred/fragged species! Believe it. And what then? Complaining that nobody has tried to make permit applications easier won't help!

There is one person who got a permit to breed marine ornamentals. And? I actually doubt that this person has got a clue what rotifer looks like. No legally SA bred clowns are in the trade. Strange, isn't it? Not even the DAFF knows how this person got the permit in the first place!

So what if the DAFF is granting me the permit to breed marine ornamentals?
The DAFF has to grant any other applicant the very same permit.
And that is exactly what NJ is working on. Monopoly for NJ? You guys should google the meaning of monopoly. Any idea how difficult it is to have such? Impossible on the free market, where everybody is allowed to the same business like others.

So guys, I urge you to reconsider your anger and to think out of the box, to see the bigger picture, the bigger picture NJ can see already!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just dont want that poor oke to get reported. Not for such a tiny frag. It would be a different case if he took a bakkie load of sps colonies and tried to sell it

You really believe that NJ would do that? Do you know NJ in person? I don't think so.
Comments like NJ made are needed to raise awareness and scare some cruel collectors off.
Imagine, MASA would be the board to deal with DAFF for changing permit applications.
Imagine, DAFF wouldn't want to deal with MASA, because everybody on MASA knows the law and knows what is illegal to collect/breed/frag. But also everybody on MASA knows, that plenty of members are breeding/fragging/collecting, etc. and nobody says anything, not even permit holders like NJ.

Get the picture now?

Good to see you posting again @LuckyFish
See post #45

Thanks David, I have read it all. Not that I really have the nerves to read all this and reply to this thread, but hey, that was just way too much here!

Need to get in touch to catch up. Gimme time, might drop you a mail.;)

All well and fine and i take your point but as previously stated where is NJ in all of this. He has 5000 posts on this forum but now chooses to stay quite? And cmon spicey comment?? Are you kidding me.. The intention in his post was VERY clear. Always two sides to every story but it seems the other party doesnt care or doesnt have a side.

He has had plenty time to do so. I can see him reading this thread and seemingly cant be bothered to make even one statement

The wise person cools down first before he replies! After all that shit? I would have told MASA where to get off, if I would be in NJ's shoes. So quick to judge the people.
It is always easier to attack than to defend someone! Isn't it? ;)

All well and fine and i take your point but as previously stated where is NJ in all of this. He has 5000 posts on this forum but now chooses to stay quite? And cmon spicey comment?? Are you kidding me.. The intention in his post was VERY clear. Always two sides to every story but it seems the other party doesnt care or doesnt have a side.

Would you believe, that when NJ posted his intention to report that guy, that NJ was long before aware of the fact that he couldn't even though he wanted to?

Common, how to report CocaColaza for abusing a world brand name, to satisfy his own need of an extraordinary username! :tt2:

Says he who keeps getting into trouble for attacking others? :whistling: :biggrin:

What The Frag? Didn't you know that I'm not Mr Perfect? Even though I look like it?:tt2:

Last edited:
BTW, after all these posts, I'm getting half of NJ's company. Just in case, if somebody wants to assume my intention here!

Last edited:
Would you believe, that when NJ posted his intention to report that guy, that NJ was long before aware of the fact that he couldn't even though he wanted to?

Common, how to report CocaColaza for abusing a world brand name, to satisfy his own need of an extraordinary username! :tt2:

Silly post that doesnt really justify a response. But no i wont believe that you suddenly developed psychic powers and know what he thinks. When NJ responds he can defend himself.. Or not..

You really believe that NJ would do that? Do you know NJ in person? I don't think so.
Comments like NJ made are needed to raise awareness and scare some cruel collectors off.
Imagine, MASA would be the board to deal with DAFF for changing permit applications.
Imagine, DAFF wouldn't want to deal with MASA, because everybody on MASA knows the law and knows what is illegal to collect/breed/frag. But also everybody on MASA knows, that plenty of members are breeding/fragging/collecting, etc. and nobody says anything, not even permit holders like NJ.

Get the picture now?

I dont know him. I have asked if that guy was reported but no one gave an answer.

Silly post that doesnt really justify a response. But no i wont believe that you suddenly developed psychic powers and know what he thinks. When NJ responds he can defend himself.. Or not..

Psychic powers?:thumbup:

I use my common sense, which is very un-common in SA!

It is, at least to me, quite logical that someone cannot be reported, who has got no real identity, but just a username.

Secondly, I know NJ personally and know his intentions. Greed and monopoly are not his intentions!

You said the words yourself Marcel,

Yes, but that is when I start reading between the lines and all the other comments on both forums.

Somebody with a username and his full name in bold in his signature??
And ofcourse you can report somebody with a username. I can report somebody i see stealing abalone from the ocean without knowing his name.

Somebody with a username and his full name in bold in his signature??
And ofcourse you can report somebody with a username. I can report somebody i see stealing abalone from the ocean without knowing his name.

Never mind!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom