Rubik's cube

Reaction score
Well took down my 4 foot, and made a home for some of my corals and fish in my cube
i got a while back from les, The entire system DT and sump holds just over 200l of water, not to big. DT measures 580mm x 580mm x 590mm all outside dims water level at 560mm. Sump 700mm x 360mm x 350mm water level at 260mm.
Ts2 skimmer is having a holiday in there but i was not going to get rid of it, plans for a bigger cube in the future.

Lighting 2 x 20k reeftek t5 and 2 x 12k reeftek t5, waiting for 1 more 12k to come in, all in individual reflectors.
My return is plumbed into a scwd that comes out behind my rockwork, internal flow is 2 x seio m620's, I am trying to get rid of the one that is visible in the display, thinking of a 2nd return pump, and plumbing it to discharge from the front also with a scwd.

All the substrate and rock are from the old system along with about 30% of the water.

Water param's

Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0
Amonia 0
Alk 10dkh
Ca 420
Po4 currently undetectable
Mag not tested.

On my old system 400l, i did 2 waterchanges a week 1 of 20l and 1 of 40l, will be doing the same on this system just in smaller amounts, keeping this regime is easy as i live a couple of hundred metre's from the sea.

Thanks to Ryan for babysitting some of my bigger coral's while i build the bigger cube.

Pics to follow.

sounds good pics:p

Dave that tank looks friggin' awesome!!! Even better than the 4ft! And your photography skills are just brilliant dude! :thumbup::thumbup:

When did u get these pink zoas? I'm sure u didnt have then when i saw your tank.
They look much pinker than my ones hey.
3134a3bb3f175512.jpg

that tank sounded good, but it looks even better:) youve done a great job and its so nice to see PE so soon after settling in :) well done.

im confused though

how do i get a tank looking like that! :)

Tridan awesome dude so dont stop now...just keep them rolling
Will post some more over the week end, thanks for the coment.

Dave that tank looks friggin' awesome!!! Even better than the 4ft! And your photography skills are just brilliant dude! :thumbup::thumbup:

When did u get these pink zoas? I'm sure u didnt have then when i saw your tank.
They look much pinker than my ones hey.
These are from mike slightly diff to yours, probably the 20k lighting, i am truelly blown away by these tubes. dude my photo's arent that good, i wish they were better.

looking good man great
Thanks dude
Wow man! That looks wicked!!
Hey mek, thanks

that tank sounded good, but it looks even better:) youve done a great job and its so nice to see PE so soon after settling in :) well done.

im confused though

how do i get a tank looking like that! :)

Hey Crispin, i am very lucky to have good live rock, i attribute this to most of my success, but as i mentioned before i swear by water changes, and believe that they can sort out 90% of all problems in our systems.

very nice tridan!!!

Thank you very much scuba, good luck with your new project.

very cool - I have got to get me a brain like that and some of those awesome pink zoos

Dude its the most insane coral hey i can sit and watch it at night for hours, especially after feeding it solids, i feed him often and the way he puffs up after a bit of fresh fish or prawn is wicked.

Back
Top Bottom