Ruan`s new sps cube

Ruanqm

Quality Livestock and Products Guaranteed
Reaction score
So I have been wanting a new tank for some time now. After hours and hours of going through threads I have decided that I would like a 60x60x40cm cube…… but not any old cube, something that is capable of sustaining pretty much any inmate I choose to house. The hunt was on for my perfect tank.

There are of course some pretty amazing companies out there who can make some spectacular tanks, but I simply cannot afford the prices they are asking for this sort of tank. I eventually found a new company who while they have many years experience in marines, are only just starting to convert this experience into a commercial venture. We are working very closely together to design my dream tank.

Some more info about the tank.
60cm x 60cm 40cm (LWH)
3 sides viewable with starphire glass
10mm all round rimless
Black silicone
1m high stand
MH lighting
Custom Sump incorporating Skimmer, DSB, Auto top up, heater, return, carbon and phos reactors
Possible additional items include an ATS
:)

Sound good, any desighns to upload so far?

Sounds exciting ruan I’m sure you can’t wait to get things going best of luck

The flow is going to be made by only the return pump. If it needs more i will ad more:p

The flow is going to be made by only the return pump. If it needs more i will ad more:p

But you are wanting sps right? You are gonna need a fair bit of flow (and preferably random flow) in that tank, even if its only around the 130 litre mark. If you use a huge return pump then you may find you have too much flow through your sump.

I personally would go for a smaller return and depending on budget a Vortech MP10 (matchbox size), some small SEIO props etc. This is of course just my opinion.

thanks man ,There will be a CLS with the return, so the tank will be anemone friendly as well

Sounds great mate!! Hope it works out the way you want it to!!

Sounds great Ruan!

Could you please pm me the details of the tank builders?

Thanks man!

Back
Top Bottom