Rotifers..Plankton

Reaction score
just want to clear something up.....are rotifers and plankton used mainly for breeding and growing of fish fry.....or is it also generally used to feed reef tanks eg.corals and other life...?

All of the above. Food for coral, fish, other inverts and fry.

steve im thinkinng of bringing some in i have ppl who travel overseas often and can bring some down for me just want to know if its worth the effort

Hi Bushwacker, where are you located.
Moz have you got a culture with adults?

I'm really just playing with them at the moment, there are probably 10-20 adults.

I am definitely going to try and get some rotifer, my son's seahorse released about two hundred fry on Thursday night and I think rotifer would be far more effective as a first food for them as the fry are a small type (comes) and I have doubts on the effectiveness of newly hatched brine shrimp as a first food for them. If I manage to get some I'll let you know.

If I grow phyto in the soda bottles, and put some in a small 10g tank, can I breed the roti's & copepods in the small tank, to feed the dt? What about the brine shrimp? Do I hatch them out in a bucket, then throw them in the dt, or can I just drop some eggs in the refugeum and let them hatch on their own and slowly flow into the dt? Is it regular cooking yeast I use to feed the brine shrimp?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom