Rory needs urgent help!!!

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
Message received from Rory...

Hi guys

Could one of you please post a thread on MASA (I can't access it from work, or from home at the moment) asking for some help for me. My tank has been without power from tuesday morning (due to city power's incompetence). I bought a gennie but it packed up. Wishing for the power to come back on didn't work either.
Between last night and this morning the tank seems to have taken a serious turn for the worse. The water is looking quite "cloudy".
I'm looking for someone or a couple of people to:
1) Lend me another gennie.
2) take some of the corals and give them back when I'm ready
3) just take some of the corals so they don't die. Maybe give me a frag if they survive.
4) Come up with some other ingenious plan?
The corals range from tiny softie frags to SPS pieces over 20cm wide.

He is in JHB.

where in JHB is Rory based??????

He is in Norwood.

He just phoned me to say that he has managed to get another gennnie going but doesn't know if it will last, his one and only fish, a yellow tang, is dead, there's also dead bristleworms and microstars all over his tank, the skimmer is just a mountain of foam at the moment, so things don't look too good. When he gets home from work this evening he might still need to get his corals out of the tank, so we'll wait to hear from him a bit later. Thanks to everyone so far.

o i have loads of room for him tank is going strong i have 3 types of coral starting to grow from no where and if he needs a genie i do have 1 very relyable 5.5kw can run the whole house with out hot water or hot water at lower loaded house

Thank you very much for your offer Gemini, I will pass it on to him, he is just totally stuck at work at the moment, he managed to get away for about 2 hours this morning just to try and get the gennie running, but now there's nothing much he can do until he gets home.

Viper357, please tell Rory to look at purchasing a inverter and hook up a car battery to it. its cheaper and lasts 12-24 hours. When its done you just replace the battery out with a new one while the other charges somewhere. (Maby from his geni?)

I`ll help with either a gennie, holding corals etc but i need some details like cell no. and he can hold them at my place no problem.

Damn that is bad. Wish I could help you out Rory. Just hope everything recovers soon.

Thanks everyone. He has asked me to post his email address so that you can contact him. <deleted>

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah no man!!! Another tank damaged/lost? Sorry to hear Rory :(, not close enough to give a hand.
Looks like all of us need to get a UPS in this country :whistling:

Sorry Rory, if I was any closer I would definately helped. If your tank is up and running again, pm me and I will give you some Coral- no Charge

Viper - I also had a SMS back from Crispin. He says that he is unfortunately in East London at the moment on some farm in the rural areas.... BUT - he is returning either tonight or tomorrow - he will pop by Rory on his way back from the airport.....

Back
Top Bottom