Request to film Mantis Shrimp in your Aquarium

Discussion in 'New Members' started by BJP, 1 Feb 2012.

1. BJP

1 Feb 2012

Hi MASAs

Thanks for the warm welcome. The company I'm working for is making a wildlife documentary about ocean critters - unpacking "speedy" action under the ocean. We are hoping to find someone willing to let us come and film a Mantis Shrimp feeding. We are filming with a super slo-mo camera - the Phantom camera - which allows us to slow action down to 1000 frames a second!

Please reply to me if you would be willing to let us come and film. But please be aware of the following parameters we have because of the specialized camera:

We need to add artificial light from above - cool, daylight but quite bright.
    We would need to see photographs of your tank and Shrimp so we know it can be shot close-up - without seeing your room in the background - as if on a reef.
    We are able to travel anywhere in South Africa.

(If this is not an inconvenience we are also looking for fast-retreating fan worms and feather duster worms... and any other suggestions for things that feed fast!

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. gMAN

gMAN with the plan

2 Feb 2010

Check with @wild on pets, i know they had a mantis shrimp...
    Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
Recent Posts