Reef aquatics IntelliSun discussion

Reaction score
With about now almost 70 units out on tanks in SA are there any other users here one MASA willing to share their experiences ?

Great review...

How many lights units can the controller control?

im using two intellisun units on my 1,2m tank...works fine for sps. nice units that are very silent

Im still new to this so excuse if I ask a stupid question.

Why is everything so blue?
Is it they way the pics are taken or is there a reason for that?
I don't know if I like the blueish effect can you change the colour on the units to be more clear?

Im still new to this so excuse if I ask a stupid question.

Why is everything so blue?
Is it they way the pics are taken or is there a reason for that?
I don't know if I like the blueish effect can you change the color on the units to be more clear?

Hi @Pantoffel yes the lights are customizable on three channels ( white, blue, and purple) so you can make them the color that you prefer.. a lot of people like the blue light because it make the reef look almost like it is very deep in the ocean + corals need the blue spectrum to photosynthesize and thirdly when you have more blue light you corals with give off more florescence than with only white giving your corals an extraordinary glow..

These lights are definatly worth investing the money into.. i have had my lights + - 3 months now and i could not be happier with how the make my tank look and also my corals are loving every moment they are on

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I hear what you say:thumbup:

I assume it looks better in real life;) and I will do what's best for the corals.

i agree.. it does look better in real life but it also depends on what colour you want

This is my tank with 2x85

i am in the process of stripping my nano to add a third unit to my main display

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
How do these compare to the PHAROS units?

I dont think you can directly compare these two lights because the intellisun lights are 85 or 90 watts and the pharos are 130 watts

Back
Top Bottom