Redsea NO3:PO4-x worked a charm!

Reaction score
Thought Id give some feedback on the great results i got with it.
My tank was in its works state its ever been in 2 weeks ago. Cyano and green hair algae had taken over badly from out of no where.
The cyano was frustrating all my corals so they were closed as well, it really was a disgusting sight. Was on the verge on shutting up shop as i couldnt stand seeing my tank in that state and nothiing seemed to be working.
Reduced my feeding by 2/3s and decided to try Redsea No3:pO4-X as my final attempt to sort it out and.... a week n a half later my tank is pretty much cyano free and the hair algae is dying off and mostly gone as well.

I'm super stoked with the results! it really worked well and fast!!

Red sea have really stepped up there game! there new test kits are really accurate as well!

@Reefhead

Yup this is the Red Sea answer to compete in the same ring a Biopellets, zeovit, vsv and Prodibio.

Looks good and I have heard some good things but you have to keep dosing.

Last edited by a moderator:
@student I see you have Acros. If you start getting RTN from the base, look at your potassium parameters. Running a skimmer wet (Specially needle wheel skimmers) cause elements to be extracted like K and I. Also be careful not to go to low with the nutrient levels, You may cause your leathers to bleach/shrink.

But Excellent results !

Red sea have really stepped up there game! there new test kits are really accurate as well!

funny you should say this - there is a few threads on other sites and even a youtube vid or 2, were people are complaining and illustrating how un-accurate the new kits are.....

I have used the older kits - and I compared the magnesium one with a salifert, and got the same result.....

I do like the look of the new kits (cool little box etc)

@JS - One thing I will say is there after market support is not great. Got a KH kit that told me that the NSW is no alkaline at all and no matter what I did it just stayed orange. killed a fish with their copper testkit. Told me I had no copper in the water. Their other testkits are ok. When I brought it to their attention, they said a marine biologist will contact me in regards to this..... that was 1.5 years ago. Maybe he is still testing. Anways they lost a customer. I only use Salifert from now !

Yip

I only have the magnesium one left.....converted all my other test kits to salifert (I love them :) )

@student I see you have Acros. If you start getting RTN from the base, look at your potassium parameters. Running a skimmer wet (Specially needle wheel skimmers) cause elements to be extracted like K and I. Also be careful not to go to low with the nutrient levels, You may cause your leathers to bleach/shrink.

But Excellent results !

Gonna have to use some lame mans terms for me here:)
RTN? How would I know if I'm going to low with the nutrient levels?- when the leathers start bleaching?
I gave reduced the dosing to pretty much it's minimum recommended dose now...
You say you have to carry on dosing, howcome?

This stuff is just a form of liquid carbon, which feed your bacteria which in turn chow up the nutrients. The label is misleading, but has the desired effect :p

I have also started using NO: P0-X and i am loving the results. Hair algae is almost gone and cyano build up is almost dismal. I feed my corals with marine snow every 2 weeks, other than that, they gt their nutrients from fish feeding and lights.
Tanks specs:
Alk: 9.3
Ca: 430
Nitrates: 0
PO4: 0
NH4: 0
pH: 8.3

hey guys...is the NO3/P04 only suitable for established tanks?

don't think so, it will work on any tank just make sure ur skimmer is working when u dose it says in red writing that ur skimmer must be running

Also a big plus is testing the po4 and no3 with the red sea test kit

Last edited:
I have been using NO3PO4 for about two months now, my NO3 was sitting above 60ppm, it's sitting at 4ppm at the moment and I can't get it lower than that, but that's ok with me as I have mostly have softies and I don't intend keepeing SPS. My phosphates hover around 0.08 and 0.16ppm, I have no algae or cyano though.
I have read the stuff really works differntly in every tank.
I only have the magnesium one left.....converted all my other test kits to salifert
My salifert kits give me odd readings sometimes, not sure how accurate they can be, sometimes I fear that they maybe expired?

hey guys

my nitrates are under 0.2 and phos undetectable. I am dosing carbon currently. Still have my gha battle going...

Would it be wise to switch over to this product?

Back
Top Bottom