Reaquascaping

Reaction score
Hey all, i was wondering what is the best meathod when it comes to re-aquascaping, i want to re-aquascape but keep the stress level down regarding livestock, i would also like to put some play sand back in to my DT can this be done in one shoot.

I really like the 2 island ideas, anyone wanna post pics on theres, would really like to see!!

Bud,
I re-scaped a few times, what I eventually did ,and love, is if you get white pvc conduit pipe like the electricians use, get a 20mm drill bit from your local hardware store and drill through bigger pieces of LR and you can literally "Sosatie" them together, it works very well by having a large piece at the bottom (Relatively heavy) drill 2 holes in that piece and then slide pieces with a hole in through this. You can get amazing overhangs, and it goes very quick and works like a dream!!!
Maybe check my post on my 2.7M!;)

i want to re-aquascape but keep the stress level down regarding livestock

Remove all the livestock from the tank.
As Brentv said, the pvc sosatie thing works well. Else you can use cable ties and pratlys to stick rocks together.
Before attempting an entire rescape, draw what you want the scaping to look like, then see how you can use the rock you have to make the structures you want.

Would it not be more stress on the fish to catch all the fish and move them?

Like the idea of sketching what im looking for first!!

How long can live rock stay out of water for?

Would it not be more stress on the fish to catch all the fish and move them?

Not at all. When moving all the rock the fish will try hide and youll run the risk of squashing them or removing them when you take the rocks out the water. Catching all of them, placing them in a temp housing will be much better. Also gives you more freedom to play with the rocks without worrying about the fish.

I wouldnt keep the rocks out too long, so dont let them dry out. When doing such massive rescaping be prepared for a mini cycle. Dosing a good bacteria afterwards will be a good idea.

What about the sand can i do that one shot & what is better play sand or crushed coral?

Will be adding sand, it's BB at the moment, budget does not allow at the moment would it be better 2 wait untill budget allows?

Aragonite is better but there not much wrong with plays and. Playsand is fine and does blow around a bit if you a lot of flow. You,can always add a little bit of aragonite at a time.

Back
Top Bottom