Ready to Start the Marine Adventure

Reaction score
Hey Guys....
Hope you all well?
Been reading your forum for a few days and i so happy we have one in SA!!
Im busy looking into getting myself a marine Tanks,
I found one today at a decent price-Its a boyu TL550(second Hand)Great Condition.
I have very little experience with marine fish and hope you guys can fish me through all i need to know and step by step Setup of the tank...And Follow me through my marine adventure:thumbup:

Welcome to MASA. Some great info for you in my signature on marine tanks - enjoy ;)

Howzit and welcome to masa glad you doing some reading on starting up a tank.get as much info as you can,dont take any short cuts you will land up paying for them with the life for your live stock.
what are you wanting in your tank?fish only or mixed reef?

good luck :peroni:

welcome.. Have you bought the tank already?

Howzit and welcome to masa glad you doing some reading on starting up a tank.get as much info as you can,dont take any short cuts you will land up paying for them with the life for your live stock.
what are you wanting in your tank?fish only or mixed reef?

good luck :peroni:

Hi mitchel,im planning on keeping it quite simple in the start so prob some live rock and the cast from Nemo(for the little one) and once im confident with everything i shall move to the exciting mixed reef,

Hey Guys here is the tank-

"The tank comes with -
TL550 tank and stand
Protien Skimmer
UV Sterlizer
Pump
Argonite Crused Coral
Special Blend Bacterial Kick Start
Seachem Matrix Biological media"

Is this a good start-Remember it is a secnd hand Tank
and my First..
What else do i still need to get and also get rid of to start the cycling Stage?:yeahdude:

Thanks for all your help guys:thumbup:

I fixed it

Hey Guys here is the tank-

"The tank comes with -
TL550 tank and stand
Protien Skimmer
UV Sterlizer
Pump
Argonite Crused Coral
Special Blend Bacterial Kick Start
Seachem Matrix Biological media"

Is this a good start-Remember it is a secnd hand Tank
and my First..
What else do i still need to get and also get rid of to start the cycling Stage?:yeahdude:

Thanks for all your help guys:thumbup:

What do you guys think of this as a start its a good price and comes with the above,another thing is do i have to have an RO system if i want a marine tank?

What do you guys think of this as a start its a good price and comes with the above,another thing is do i have to have an RO system if i want a marine tank?

Depends how reliant your LFS is?

Back
Top Bottom