RBTA looking sick

As an update the nennie isn't looking better, it has been closed since Tuesday.
Tested water this morning
Ph 8.3
Kh 8
Po4 0.03
No3 10ppm
Sg 1.025
Temp 25

The only thing i can think of is ammonia in the water , but then the rest of the corals would have suffered also.

Doing W/c tomorrow(25L) as it is Friday. Maintenance day!

Any ideas as to what i can do?

Last edited:
What is it attached to? Are the tentacles still looking ok, are they still inflated?

Its still completely closed but when it opens the tentacles are a bit deflated, It is still attached to the same rock where it started out 6-7 months ago.

Are you able to move the rock?

It's difficult to say, I would hazard a guess that maybe something is irritating it where it is and moving it may help, not sure though, it's just a guess, but that's what I would probably do if it was in my tank. It's clearly not happy about something, is the glass shield on your MH still in tact?

I removed both my cleaner shrimp from the tank as i thought they were the culprits.
The MH glass is still clean and in tact.

Ill try and move the rock

ill post a pic soon.

I don't know, I'm a bit stumped. Maybe try and get it close to some strong'ish flow, they can handle good solid flow, try and get it sort of blowing across the top so that the flow catches the tentacles.

Shap ill add a little Seio close to the nennie

20121011_103833.jpg

I added a small seio close to the nennie to blow over it. It does look better today, will see later today when lights go on

Hi Bud Did The Nennie inflate any News

Hey bud, i think it was a flow issue.
It is starting to open so now just hope it will eat. Still adding reef paste to the tank all the corals love that stuff

Last edited:
Hay bud hope your nennie is getting better they can be a hand full sometimes

Hey bud, i think it was a flow issue.
It is starting to open so now just hope it will eat. Still adding reef paste to the tank all the corals love that stuff
Thats Greats News bud, well post a Pic ....
Ps Think I Will Do The Same Mine RBTA doin The Same
i will do the same , lets hope it Works For Me aas Well
did u jus add another powerhead or did U move it to a
place with More flow ?

Good News, my nennie started to chow yetserday. I took a big syringe full of mysis and brine shrimp, turned all the circulation inside the tank off including return pump. i then blocked the nennie off from the rest of the tank and let it rip with the food.

After about 5min it started to take the food.

Today it only opened up at about 13:00, i fed it a small piece of lance fish (half a cm)

Now this nennie is inflating its tentacles and looking much happier.

Ill feed again tomorrow just to be safe

great news bud all the best bud good show ...

Back
Top Bottom