Radianthus Malu vs Entacmaea quadricolor

Thanks Brenda,

I was also really confused when the guy at the LFS said it wasn't a BTA! I have found another BTA at half the price elsewhere that I am sure is from the same shipment. It is also in about the same state as the 1st picture and hopefully I can get it back to full health!;)

Thanks for confirming what type of nennie!:thumbup:

You're welcome!

Send the guy at the LFS here! ;) There is no doubt in my mind that those pics are of a BTA.

Post pics of your new anemone when you get it and I'll help you get it to where it needs to be. I assume you know the requirements...if not, post what you have, equipment, parameters, etc, and we'll get you squared away before you bring the anemone home.

You're welcome!

Send the guy at the LFS here! ;) There is no doubt in my mind that those pics are of a BTA.

Post pics of your new anemone when you get it and I'll help you get it to where it needs to be. I assume you know the requirements...if not, post what you have, equipment, parameters, etc, and we'll get you squared away before you bring the anemone home.

Hey Branda,

Can I send him piece by piece in boxes?!!?!?:whistling:

I had one before that I was having some success with (Check my tank thread - you may remember it! - you really helped me with my nennie then and got ir feeding) before it all of a sudden just called it a day :(. I almost called this hobbie a day! I have got more lighting now and have gotten more live rock and I feel more secure in my abilities these days (had my tank for almost 3 years now!) All fish are healthy and happy! So lets hope the nennie will be hosted (by my same 2 clowns) that I had with my 1st RBTA! My clowns have been hosting some Xenia and laying eggs for about 6 months now:thumbup:

Hey Branda,

Can I send him piece by piece in boxes?!!?!?:whistling:

I had one before that I was having some success with (Check my tank thread - you may remember it! - you really helped me with my nennie then and got ir feeding) before it all of a sudden just called it a day :(. I almost called this hobbie a day! I have got more lighting now and have gotten more live rock and I feel more secure in my abilities these days (had my tank for almost 3 years now!) All fish are healthy and happy! So lets hope the nennie will be hosted (by my same 2 clowns) that I had with my 1st RBTA! My clowns have been hosting some Xenia and laying eggs for about 6 months now:thumbup:

May be best to just send him a link! ;)

I don't remember you losing the anemone. :( I took a look at your thread, that anemone was looking so good! Did you ever find out what went wrong? I see you mentioned hermit crabs. Crabs can pester anemones, and sometimes tear their mouth, usually in an attempt to find food. I've never heard of one shredding an anemone though. Usually when an an anemone falls apart quickly it is caused by water parameters..such as a rapid temperature change, or a large ammonia spike, etc.

Did you test the water parameters? Was this a rapid decline? Did anything else go south?

Back
Top Bottom