pXius' Drop Reef

Thanks! :D One last aqua-scape left after the move. Going to be a bit more tricky as the tank will be used as a room divider, so no more back panel :yeahdude:

Update on the controller.
Got the PH working, what a mission. Date and time also functional running from a RTC chip.

Next: Relay system, lighting control, web server with updates and an iPhone app.

e8d01bfb.jpg

PH orb is in storage solution, hence the ph of 7.

Are you going to keep the temperature as an integer? On my controller it is a long or double (Can't remember). This lets you see the temperature to two decimal points, otherwise you could have you temperature varying by 1 degree all the time.

Are you going to keep the temperature as an integer? On my controller it is a long or double (Can't remember). This lets you see the temperature to two decimal points, otherwise you could have you temperature varying by 1 degree all the time.

Its already coded as double, just not displaying the decimals. I'll probably show them when i start cleaning up and figuring out what the final layout will look like. ;)

Found my Lawnmower Blenny dead in the tank this morning.... No idea why. He was a good eater, very fat, almost bloated.

Tested water, all's in check except calcium a bit high at 490, I tuned down the dosing pump now. Po4 a tad high also, probably overfeeding. Really cant pinpoint why he checked out. Easily my favorite fish in the tank, such a great personality.

RIP Monster

Found my Lawnmower Blenny dead in the tank this morning.... No idea why. He was a good eater, very fat, almost bloated.

sorry to hear, most blennies and gobies have intestinal worms/parasites which in the wild are ok and due to the abundance of food the 2 can live together in the aquarium sometimes they become more aggressive. @mytank had the same happen but he managed to see the worms leaving his dead blenny.

what one can do is treat new gobies and blennies in QT with reef paste and trymazol to de-worm the fish

i was given this advice from Mo from UR when i lost mine

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry to hear, most blennies and gobies have intestinal worms/parasites which in the wild are ok and due to the abundance of food the 2 can live together in the aquarium sometimes they become more aggressive. @mytank had the same happen but he managed to see the worms leaving his dead blenny.

what one can do is treat new gobies and blennies in QT with reef paste and trymazol to de-worm the fish

i was given this advice from Mo from UR when i lost mine

I'm also thinking parasites, I did a novice autopsy and didn't find any worms, so that leaves parasites, unless they left the body after he died?

Thanks for the advice, will definitely QT and deworm with the next one. I'll be setting up a QT with the move so that'll be the perfect opportunity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fanie, whats your feedback on the ATI blue plus tubes? Im looking for a blue tube to make the zoas pop and its im looking at the ATI or reeftek coral blue

Fanie, whats your feedback on the ATI blue plus tubes? Im looking for a blue tube to make the zoas pop and its im looking at the ATI or reeftek coral blue

I cant comment on the Reetek's but the ATI's are much more blue to my eyes compared to the Giessemanns. They also provide a proper photosynthetic spectrum and high PAR so you shouldn't lose any speed concerning growth.

I'll try to find the link where they show that these bulbs have very similar par readings to their 15 000k spectrum bulbs, (the Coral+ I think).

IIR you're running 6 bulbs. I would try to make at least 3 the 6 Blue+ if you want true pop.

Something like

Blue
Blue
Pink
White
White
Blue.

I'll take some pics of my Zoas with just the blues on. :thumbup:

I cant comment on the Reetek's but the ATI's are much more blue to my eyes compared to the Giessemanns. They also provide a proper photosynthetic spectrum and high PAR so you shouldn't lose any speed concerning growth.

I'll try to find the link where they show that these bulbs have very similar par readings to their 15 000k spectrum bulbs, (the Coral+ I think).

IIR you're running 6 bulbs. I would try to make at least 3 the 6 Blue+ if you want true pop.

Something like

Blue
Blue
Pink
White
White
Blue.

I'll take some pics of my Zoas with just the blues on. :thumbup:

No actinic? Or does the ATI blue also fit into that category

OMW :thumbup:

The tanks is looking fabulous Fanie!!! I just love the scaping and the drop off look.

I also changed my Giesemann tubes to ATI. I couldnt believe the difference. The colours are really popping. Huge change....

Back
Top Bottom