Puppy's setup

One day .... 1st need to steel a Calcium reactor ... LOL
Do u go to Aqua Concepts in town ?

U dont need i for a couple of frags .Only if u plan to go overboard.
Shop in town yeah sometimes i end up there.
Rather invest in a good skimmer .

So if i started with a few frgs , manual calcium dosing can work ?

Have a look at Alan's tank, thats manual dosing, so hell yes it will work:thumbup:

i just would the frags to struggle , i tried sps once , in truth my tank was only 6 months old and i new very little , they bleached with in 24hrs.
but its definately somthing im looking at for my new tank?

100% correct
I am sure lots of reefers here keeps a few sps without CR's

100% correct
I am sure lots of reefers here keeps a few sps without CR's

Puppy, my experience with SPS has been a difficult one (dead bird's nest and montipora etc.) and I think a lot of others have had similar experiences.

We would really enjoy a thread from you on how you get these beautiful corals to thrive :biggrin:

Puppy, my experience with SPS has been a difficult one (dead bird's nest and montipora etc.) and I think a lot of others have had similar experiences.

We would really enjoy a thread from you on how you get these beautiful corals to thrive :biggrin:
I second this motion ...

I am sure there is lots of reasons for your losses .
What i do agree on is that they are not the easiets corals to keep.
But if u have the right conditions u will be rewarded.
By no means am I and expert .
Just the other day i lost a huge bird's nest myself.
I know the reason why this happend but it was 2 late to even save a frag.

A thread on how to keep these corals and to make them thrive is a awesome idea,but I think it should be a collaboration from all the sps keepers who are having good success keeping these species .

A thread on how to keep these corals and to make them thrive is a awesome idea,but I think it should be a collaboration from all the sps keepers who are having good success keeping these species .

well then, sounds like a plan, can we have the first 5000 words by Monday morning then. Once you get the intro knocked up, we can get Miki and Alan for some imput, have a nice little article by the end of next week:)

So when you starting :whistling:

Not a bad tank, I can see lots of room for improvement, perhaps if you put a little more effort into your tank you might accomplish fairly average results.

:lol: Just kidding Puppy :lol: A really incredible tank, definitely something to be proud of, definitely in a league of it's own, congratulations on what you have accomplished so far.:thumbup:

Hope you don't mind but I lightened up your sump pic a bit so we could see what is going on in there ;)

147dad5b0c59a4.jpg

LOL nice 1
No problem Viper357 it actually looks much better.
There is always room for improvement and new idea's is always welcome.
This is a old pic of my sump .I can tell u guys that a new pic wont make a difference at all .Most of the compartments is covered in coralline algae making it difficult to see
the sandbed etc.
Tank specs to follow.

Back
Top Bottom