Project bathwater 2008

Right lighting… age old battle – MH vs T5s? Cost of replacing 5 bulbs a year vs replacing 32 T5s once a year vs initial installation cost? What’s your take on it?

Look at the wattages of the lights. 32 t5's at an average of 54 w each. That is 1700 odd watts there.
I would go for 5 250w Double ended Mh's with a few t5's. I think the light penetration is better.

ooh nice man.TS4 rocks from what i saw :yeahdude:

yea it looks awsum.... cant wait to get the tank setup. tank move and setup has been booked for the 10th of march....

the sump will be 1.5X60X50.... so that leaves 1m at the end for RO and stuff like that. i'll be using 2 of the light units AKWA imports.

WOW Henk - YES - that TS4 is absolutely AWESOME - one need a HUGE sump for that one though ;-)

I was there when he unpacked the skimmer the first time - he was slightly concerned about the 2 pump connectors / bulk-heads that were so close to the outlet.... BUT they work 100% perfectly with the joining pipes....

I was indeed impressed by the size of that skimmer.... I can ONLY imagine how AWESOME skimmer will skim.

Mekaeel - the DNW300 is ALSO a MONSTER skimmer that you got! Geez - what size tank you setting up? And what's happening with your DNW200? Are you going to run both at the same time?

J you can join us for the big switch on in 3 weeks *grin* i just want to see which pumps it came with... slightly worried after reading about the probs Mekaeel has been having with his....

No probs Henk ;-)

I am very close to 100% sure that those were King 3 pumps, rated at either 2400 litres/hour or 2700 litres/hour each (x 3).... Those are the same pumps that my TS2's came with, and I must say even after about 5 months using my TS2, I have seen NO PROBLEMS with the pump (I removed my skimmer and cleaned it up, and placed it in another compartment of my sump, about two weeks ago....

So - so far I cannot complain about the skimmer/pump.

I must say - those King 3 pumps of your TS4 have a VERY interesting needle-wheel design - where the actual needle-wheel has needles BOTH front and BACK of the wheel (both sides) - I am quite sure that mine only has needles at the front? I could be wrong though.... This means that the pumps on your TS4 should be far more efficient......

I have a TS4...has resun pumps. I see sergon is running his with OR2500 pumps but I'm going to try the resuns and see how they go but will probably mesh mod them and then try another brand.

Back
Top Bottom