Prodibio spots and Velvet, reef safe?

Reaction score
hi guys i am having another bad whitespot outbreak..

is spots and velvet reef safe i have shrimps and sps and and other corals..

thanks

Treat most medicines as not reef safe, only herbtana and Artemis , @HenkHugo will confirm

Last edited by a moderator:
i have heard to many times that herbtana and artemis dont work @dallasg..

do you think if their website states its safe that it wont be

Herbtana and Artemis work well if you follow the instructions
I use them all the time

You can also have a look here...found this as a different option also..:blush:..posted by Lord Blackadder
Seachem Cupramine is the best medication for velvet IME (and it's also usable with most copper sensitive fish). But as they others said, once a fish gets that heavily infected then it's often too late. This is why medicated quarantine is a good idea.
http://www.marineaquariumsa.com/showthread.php?t=37513

Prodibio spots & Velvet is perfectly reef safe used it on a couple of full SPS tanks with clams and invertebrates. no defects what so ever. no Paragaurd in reef tank no.

I have used this in my tank but I do not have any SPS or clams. I have softies and some torches. I do have shrimp and snails.

I did not read the instructions properly. Make very sure that you have lots of oxygen in the tank. Put in extra air stones. I lost quite a few fish due to lack of oxygen. They were not infected when they died. Only my clowns had some white spot.

I have not had any more white spot after completing the treatment.

This was my experience and does not mean that you will have or not have any problems using it.

Prodibio spots and velvets is 100% reef safe.. Heard to much bad stuff about artemiss and herbtana..

Prodibio spots & Velvet is perfectly reef safe used it on a couple of full SPS tanks with clams and invertebrates. no defects what so ever. no Paragaurd in reef tank no.

thanks @Herbert i will give it a go and see how it goes..

I have used this in my tank but I do not have any SPS or clams. I have softies and some torches. I do have shrimp and snails. I did not read the instructions properly. Make very sure that you have lots of oxygen in the tank. Put in extra air stones. I lost quite a few fish due to lack of oxygen. They were not infected when they died. Only my clowns had some white spot. I have not had any more white spot after completing the treatment. This was my experience and does not mean that you will have or not have any problems using it.

thanks @Irma i will set my mp40s to 100% hope that will be enough oxygen.. will go over the instructions closely

How many fish do you have? And in what size system?

Only effective whitespot treatment is to remove the fish from the infected environment. That is the only method that is guaranteed

Prodibio spots and velvets is 100% reef safe.. Heard to much bad stuff about artemiss and herbtana..

Like what? Easy to comment when you haven't used it, or work for a lfs? Claims like this need to be substantiated with fact or proof

Its always easier to blame a product in stead of your failure in understanding the product, how it works, what it kills, and how it should be used. Be it red slime remover or whitespot eraser.

i started dosing the prodibio today so i will let you guys know if it kills off my whole tank or truely works. i cut my tank off from my sump so skimmer and pellets still running down there..

in the last 2days i have lost
-yellow eye kole tang
-2x dispar anthis(expensive)
-1x orchid dottyback(expensive)

badly infected is my last orchid dotty, magnificant foxface and regal tang

ok i can say this product is reef safe all inverts,clams and corals are 100%. But when i started dosing my fiah stoped eating and all died

Back
Top Bottom