possible disease on Angel

got a bunt load of angel formula in stock ....new shipment of ocean nutrition frozen food arrived yesterday.........460 packs;)

why dont you ask mekaeel to take some up....he normally fishes up there on the weekends....if not then get dowwn here or lets make a plan with the same day courier

got a bunt load of angel formula in stock ....new shipment of ocean nutrition frozen food arrived yesterday.........460 packs;)

why dont you ask mekaeel to take some up....he normally fishes up there on the weekends....if not then get dowwn here or lets make a plan with the same day courier

Isn't the angel formula also gel base, because if it is that stuff doesn't ever melt.

it has a gel binder to maximize fish nutrition, but is not a full gel RDF formula like the RDF formula 1 and 2

it also has fresh sponges....so angels go ape;)....or should i say have a frenzy

Last edited:
Just strarted taking krill............:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:,

so hopefully on the mend.............

@Marco, I should be down early next week, then will make a plan.

Otherwise though I did get some B6 and B12, it is a mix of differant meds and vitamins, if I am not happy tommorow, I will give it a 0.03-0.04ml injection......

I still do have to do a 25% change, and fizz it again tommorrow. I hope this is quick, cause I have to be in Capetown in two weeks for about 5 days.

stoked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have the queen on the fizz again!!!!! I just changed did a wc of about 30%, just got the fizz pops in a minute ago, and the queen is fizzing!!!!

I fed this morning brine, and she went mental for it, so this evening I will dose the medication I had to inject into the brine, think I will for the DT also, cause I got a whole 1ml to lace their chow with. I think it will help the juvie-adult changes as well.

The one lump/parasite on the middle of the body is not much better, maybe slightly worse, looks like their is something under the scales, but the fins there is a slight improvement. If the lump on the side is not much better by wednesday, then I will FW dip. I think Tuesday I can fizz again.

I was real happy when I checked her chowing.

im not clued up but you think it okay to FW drip since the fish is doing a bit better?

I just fed a good amount of brine that I soaked in 0.1mil hepatis extractum, and the queen ate like a pig. She was a bit reluctant at first, I think cause of the smell of the vits, but when she got going, she went mental!!!!!!

Not too much change though to the spots, at least if she is eating it must mean that they not hasseling too much.

of interest though, the emp in the DT has bonded with the YT, you actually do not see them apart, it reminds me of that story of the cat and dog going across the states, weird though. The emp though, was used to eating pellets in the lfs, so I had it going on pellets in my DT. As soon as it sees my orange feeding cup, it goes straight down to the substrate, and waits for the pellets to sink to the substrate, but tonight I fed brine and omega flakes, and of course it does not settle on the substrate and blows around the dt, I just thought though it was funny watching the emp dashing around looking in the substrate for food that was never going there!!!!

Half of your battle is won now that she is eating, can only get better from here on in.

I just had a good study at her, she does seem much more active, pecked on a sand muscle and ate krill during the day, still wont touch nori. Whats worrying me, is the dorsal fin, it is exactly like warts on the dorsal fin, and it seems they maybe getting bigger.

Any advice?

I just had a good study at her, she does seem much more active, pecked on a sand muscle and ate krill during the day, still wont touch nori. Whats worrying me, is the dorsal fin, it is exactly like warts on the dorsal fin, and it seems they maybe getting bigger.

Any advice?

Magman bud I think your stress is over as the worts you are seeing I am 99% sure that they are the same as a scab on our skinn which means that she is healing well. I had an angel that got injured and when it started to heal it looked like what I would call white coloured warts and guess what in exactly the same place as yours right on the tipps of the dorsal spines. But post a pic to verify for sure

Trev

Any advice?

Lymphocystis.

A viral infection caused by stress. You will need an anti biotic/bacteria medication to cure, well??. It is contagious. You MUST remove the cysts/tumors by scrapes with a scalpel and treat the wound with Mercurochrome. I also use iodine to sterilize the scalpel before and after use. The iodine acts as a disinfectant when the scrape is done.

Feeding of food with vitamins will help and the disease should go after a few weeks. Keep the fish QT for longer than normal.

Check out if it is Lymphocystis first though. I suspect it is.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom