Plumbing

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Where would the best place be to buy supplies needed for plumbing. (bulkheads, pipes, valves etc.)

Hi @Eben, cannot see where you are located, but I found EVERYTHING I needed at Water Plant on Ontdekkers Road, next to Sterlig Nursery.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, i forgot to mention that i'm in Durbanville, western cape

well, stick to 50mm and you can get almost anything at any hardware shop.

All joints that is under gravity can be of the cheap white type available at Builders Warehouse or any hardware shop. Only joints under pressure do you need the thicker grey joints as those you will find at a pool shop (or pool section of Builders Warehouse), but they are more expensive.

But do yourself a favour, stick to 50mm.

Thanx @RiaanP. I was at builders warehouse today, looking for a bulkhead. They howeverr had no idea what i was talking about

looking for a bulkhead
go to the swimming pool section for a "bulkhead".
Will find one there with the valves etc...

Two colour, white nut and grey inner part

They call it something else

Go to effast , I think they in durbanville if no mistaken or somewhere around there

Other than that you can go to SAMs irrigation but they in bergvliet

Go to effast , I think they in durbanville if no mistaken or somewhere around there

Other than that you can go to SAMs irrigation but they in bergvliet

Thanx Dean, they in stikland, just around the corner from me! :thumbup:

@Eben, the irrigation guys call bulkheads, "tank connectors". They use it to connect pipes to the jojo plastic tanks . (Just incase they dont catch the bulkhead part, lol, i found that out the hard way)

Back
Top Bottom