Please Help !!!!

Reaction score
Common Guys

Some1 must have some cheato....Need some very very urgently....Im in Durban but willing to drive a bit to collect some.

This Algea is takin over my tank.......

The Durban guys are having a meeting Tuesday night, you should join them and post in that thread asking someone to bring some with them.:)

Why must it be so urgent wanting the cheato to sort your problem out. What kind of algae do you want to rid of?

Good luck, my GHA outgrows my chaeto in one of my systems :p, and my chaeto ball is frikkin huge, reaches from the substrate to the water surface and takes up half of the tank, seriously it does.

You need to find out what is causing the GHA (overfeeding, bad rock, bad substrate etc. etc.), until you do that you will be fighting a never ending battle, and it's a horrible battle because it causes many people to pack up their tanks. Chaeto alone will not solve the problem. Best thing would be to start a separate thread on your problems and let the guys try and diagnose where the problem is.:)

I think that it is a combination of 2 things...way too much light time and overfeeding..

I have dropped the lighting time down to 6hrs @ the moment and have halfed the food in the tank...All the fishys seem to be fine and eating good too....

Cheato is so overated. Unless you get a truck load,it will not sort out your GHA problem. You need to find the cause of the problem.

Its not that its overrated, its just not a miracle cure for algae. You have to get your nutrient levels down to a point where the Cheato will out compete the nuisance algae for food. I have got some for you and will be going to the meeting tonight, you can collect it from me at DUC. Let me know if i must bring it.

Back
Top Bottom