Please help me choose a skimmer

Thanks Tobes, appreciate the advice. I hope i don't need to replace my sump tank because its too low for the skimmer.. Take a look at the installation instructions..
Does it mean that everything below the "Water level Here Best!" needs to be submerged?
44994d5ffdd6e4553.jpg

That water level referred to is the water level inside that chamber when you adjust the outlet pipe to skim wet or dry. Wet skimming is when the water level is just below or even coming out that "pee hole", dry skimming is when the water level is much lower. A happy medium is about 10mm below the hole.
The reason why I say this is that the sump water level cannot be above the outlet pipe, then the skimming won't skim or adjust correctly. As you can see there are sponges around the outlet pipe, that is to prevent the water from splashing back into the sump, so the sump water level must be lower than the outlet pipe, not higher.
To adjust the water level in the chamber, just lift or push down the outlet pipe ;)

See the pic, I think it should be about there. That is on the TS2, but can't think that the TS3 is so much different.

4644d6001a12feaa.jpg

Thanks Tobes, makes a little more sense now.. I guess it'll be much clearer when i actually set it up.. The instructions provided are for someone with experience,If you just entering the hobby the instructions look greek!! Thank god for MASA :thumbup:

I still got a few more questions, but we'll save that for another day.. Thanks again..

Thanks button below my name :p

Reactions: zak
Back
Top Bottom