Plasma Lighting

1300WATTS SIMS. i JUST CHECKED.(@#$%# Capslock). On the one video they've shown, one plasma unit lights up the whole room. Incredible

Turn the sound on:

Sulphur Plasma Lights are the new revolutionary light source with the highest effectivity and a true full spectrum similar to that of sunlight.

We are now able to produce technical lighting solutions that would have been unimaginable just a short time ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
The rating on the video is not quite accurate, they claim only 70lm/W from LED, they actually produce more Lm/W than the Plasma, Cree LED can produce 160Lm/W.

The big difference would be that the 250w Plasma bulb is the same size as 1 LED, so is space and cost in not a factor, LED would be more efficient!

Last edited:
Lighty,Did you check the video in post 22? that is one plasma light, lighting up the whole room, let alone the tank

Last edited:
I think is also the way the camera pics it up.

If you look at the specs

Plasma -140lm/W : 250W x 140lm/w = 35000lm

Lets say a Mh has 100lm/w : 400W x 100lm/w = 40000lm
: 250W x 100lm/w = 25000lm

So yes its it powerfull, but IMO not more than 1x 400w Mh.

Any new developments? Are these units available yet?
Posted via Mobile Device

Expected prices of these units

They will be soon.
Hi, in your opinion what is the expected price range for single and double units? Speculating...

$1035.00, shipping included:whistling:
I dont think reef inmates are bringing those in, they probably bringing the 'developement kit' which is the basic system without the refelector housing. They probably gonna make custom fittings, see mail i received from Lumix the supplier of the kits.

Hello,

Yes we do have solutions for marine reef keeping purposes. Actually the websites that you referred me to, Sfiligoi Vision, is one of our customers. They use our lights. You may also want to view the file I sent you from Straylight who also uses our lamps in their fixtures for their aquarium light series. I attached more information on our lamps and our development kit which consists of the components listed below. You may purchase from any one of us.

There are three components to the development kit:

1. The lamp. This includes the emitter and driver, and interconnecting cable.

2. Accessory kit. The kit includes power supply to provide a desk-top standalone system for testing purposes, the driver heat sink, small stand for emitter, and appropriate connectors and wiring to support easy setup. The lamps do not plug directly into the wall but use 28V DC source, and the power supply has the required connections to provide a system that is ready to go from the box.

3. Communications kit. This interface allows you to control the lamp further using our customer Graphical User Interface. You can operate the lamp without the GUI as a simple on/off lamp, but to get full use of the dimming controls and other system controls you will want to use the GUI software. The GUI software is specific to the family of lamps that you use, as they have different control functions in support of different applications.

The development kit with everything listed above sells for $1000.

Let me know if you have any questions. We are looking forward to working with you.

Sincerely,

Janet Portley
Customer Service
mail

1171 Borregas Avenue
Sunnyvale, CA 94089
Tel 408-470-4758

Fax 408-400-0013
email: jportley@luxim.com
www.luxim.com
www.lifi.com

$1035.00, shipping included:whistling:
You are quoting the straylight manufacture and seashine range of light units. They purchase the kit from Luxim and make a housing including reflector for it. I would like to see what Reef Inmates units will look like and if they will be similar to Sfigilio range with T5 supplementary lights.
Its gonna cost a pretty penny :dft004: exchange rates !!!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom