Pics Of Tank

DSC02200.jpg

this one :) awesome

Jam so if i read correct u have just a skimmer and nothing else? How do you maintiain your water quality if i may ask? do you have a DSB and do you dose your tank with anything?

Jam so if i read correct u have just a skimmer and nothing else? How do you maintiain your water quality if i may ask? do you have a DSB and do you dose your tank with anything?

I think the GHA on the back glass is keeping his params in check:p, joking.

Jam - my opinion is that you need a bit more flow inside the tank, I think I read correctly that you have 1 powerhead in the tank, I'd say you should add another 2 or 3 powerheads, like the SEIO range. I say this because the green hair algae might be caused by detritus (fish waste and fish food) settlement in your tank.

Another thing is that it might be a good idea to add a DSB somewhere. Does your tank have an overflow and a sump? If so, then you can add a DSB in the sump.

Just my 2 cents, hope it's worth something;)

WOW! Amazing - shows you - low tech CAN WORK - IF you choose the correct LIFE STOCK! WOW!

LowFlyer - I think that his corals takes up MOST of his nutrients ;) Especially that HUGE sarcophyton leather!

LowFlyer - I think that his corals takes up MOST of his nutrients ;) Especially that HUGE sarcophyton leather!

Oh really Jacques, didn't know that the corals take up that much of the nutrients, I thought they only used up a bit of the nutrients. Hectic

LOL @ you LowFlyer and U Scuba!

Yes - soft corals use up a HUGE amount of nutrients. As a matter of fact - mine did not grow at all, until I purposefully started overfeeding my fish......Then only they started growing like crazy!

Corals are great filters, its fish that add a lot to the bioload
Posted via Mobile Device

yip only have 1 skimmer found out it was a berlin running the show and 2 b honest hav only had my water testet bout 3 times in 5 years they said it was fine each time exept 4 about 2 months ago i lost sum coral and a brown tang due 2 my salinity bieng sky high. do u guys think its worth putting in a dsb or let the tank b? only add kalk now and then had, had only 2 bottles of it since i started. but i want 2 start doing things properly now. so il b greatfull 4 ne suggestions guys.

so far if its working, carry on

adding a dsb will be a good idea as the benefits are great, more bio-diversity, better stability and a ready supply of live food for your corals etc

so far if its working, carry on

adding a dsb will be a good idea as the benefits are great, more bio-diversity, better stability and a ready supply of live food for your corals etc

sounds like a plan. what sand media do u guys recomend? read about a dsb in 1 of the other forums.

sounds like a plan. what sand media do u guys recomend? read about a dsb in 1 of the other forums.
I would suggest using carabsea aragonite.It is really expensive,but IMO,worth it.I have it in my DSB and in my tank.;)

Back
Top Bottom