Phosphates VERY high

Topic marine in general contains high po4 as compared to seachem which is around the same price.the only way to measure it precisely is to use a digital po4 meter

Not the same price up here. Can only get Seachem from Cape Town, with shipping adds 30-40% to the price.

Also the difference in PO4 is way to little to justify the change. If anything seachem has too much. 0.01 - 0.03 difference.

View attachment 73676

Source: http://www.aquariumwatertesting.com/...lysis_0208.pdf

Hi Sammy,

I second those opinions on NSW from 2O. I've been cautioned by a few LFS's and friends about the high levels of phosphate in their water. I've also been mixing my own with RO I buy from Aguaconcepts. My parameters has been very stable in going this route and my tank is in it's 4th week of cycling.
Maybe worth your while in the long run to consider a similar route?

Ciao,
J.

Warr,you looking at the standard marine or reef salt?

Hi Sammy,

I second those opinions on NSW from 2O. I've been cautioned by a few LFS's and friends about the high levels of phosphate in their water. I've also been mixing my own with RO I buy from Aguaconcepts. My parameters has been very stable in going this route and my tank is in it's 4th week of cycling.
Maybe worth your while in the long run to consider a similar route?

Ciao,
J.
yes you only want to put in 'good' into your tank

Yeah, but the Seachem is already high, so need to look at another brand altogether.

AKWA will be importing Seachem soon so it should be in all the shops around the country ASAP

PO4 still through the roof ???? did 20% water change with water from research insitute in sea point ???

Could it be the Kent Marine activated carbon I introduced ? please help ???

Sammy the carbon will definately leach some PO4 so until you get control of it rather take the carbon out. Didnt you say you had some Purigen in ?

The RO water should have taken the Phos out put some carbon in some RO water then test if it has any phos in the water.

Back
Top Bottom