Palmerc Reef Inmate T5 lighting hood

Damn, those are well made hoods, very nice. I also prefer the white as a reflector, to me you just seem to get more of a uniform reflection or sort of more light, I don't quite know how to explain it, but I prefer the white :p

Damn, those are well made hoods, very nice. I also prefer the white as a reflector, to me you just seem to get more of a uniform reflection or sort of more light, I don't quite know how to explain it, but I prefer the white :p

I tend to agree. I think it is because the light is scattered of the particles making up the white pigment in all directions, so light reaches different areas.

With a pure polished reflector I think light all gets reflected in one direction and so light up the specimens in one way.

So with white, light may not be focusse dor as intense in one area,btu one get's a better spread overall.

I dont really know just my comments

There you go, that's what I was trying to say :lol:

But I definitely experienced more of a pointed/focused light with reflectors, whereas in my old hood (which was painted white, top and sides) I seemed to get more uniformed and more spread/coverage from the light, i.e. no dark areas.

I tend to agree. I think it is because the light is scattered of the particles making up the white pigment in all directions, so light reaches different areas.

With a pure polished reflector I think light all gets reflected in one direction and so light up the specimens in one way.

So with white, light may not be focusse dor as intense in one area,btu one get's a better spread overall.

I dont really know just my comments
i was thining along the same lines

clinton.the other day i was at alans place and i looked at his 150W halides as compared to mines,damn they were bright.we both got the same swivle holders,ive left the original reflectors (which are like greyish in colour) and alan changed to a shiny type,and amazing results in terms of brightness

Back
Top Bottom