open source DIY controller

Hey guys any update on the project:razz:

Dunno bout the others but I've gone ahead and ordered a few bits of hardware and I'm gonna start mucking around this December, since my programming knowledge is limited I'll have to teach myself the ins and outs before I get into the complex coding.

I'll posts my findings in good time

Yup, same here! ordering the LM35's and Mega32 micro and some other components to be able to build my temp controller/fan activator this december. Will report back on that in the new year.

Yup, same here! ordering the LM35's and Mega32 micro and some other components to be able to build my temp controller/fan activator this december. Will report back on that in the new year.

Why not use the DS1820? I think it offers better res.

But the LM35's are nice and easy, good old friend!

Why not use the DS1820? I think it offers better res.

But the LM35's are nice and easy, good old friend!

no experience with that one. with my first controller i learnt that its best to stick with what you know - its not a project you want to let sit around for ages while you fiddle, you want it up and running as functional and reliable as possible asap :)

Hi all would like to get involved. I have done Java, C++, Delphi, Assembly programming. I am looking at automating my whole aquariumas far as possible !

Willie

Nice project guys. Would be interesting to see what can be done and at what cost? I am very interested in acquiring something like this for my aquarium.

Keep us updated.

Finally some of my components arrived.

11094d3825845f4c7.jpg

Arduino Uno Controller
LCD Screed
Real Time Clock
Jumper Cables
Keypad

Now the fun starts!

Hi

Nice one! How much did it set you back?

The kit I listed came to about R400 excl clearance from customs. But I did find a site afterwards call Bot Shop that stocks the Uno. Not too bad. But cheaper off Ebay.

I still need a breadboard my soldering iron and a few other pieces before I can start it up proper. I've loaded the software and gone through the blink program and all is well there.

I did some programming in school but that was like 10yrs ago and I wasn't very good so I'm gonna teach myself. Shouldn't be impossible. I'll get my own thread started when I've got somewhere.

The kit I listed came to about R400 excl clearance from customs. But I did find a site afterwards call Bot Shop that stocks the Uno. Not too bad. But cheaper off Ebay.

I still need a breadboard my soldering iron and a few other pieces before I can start it up proper. I've loaded the software and gone through the blink program and all is well there.

I did some programming in school but that was like 10yrs ago and I wasn't very good so I'm gonna teach myself. Shouldn't be impossible. I'll get my own thread started when I've got somewhere.

Good stuff!

I would rather use Dev board / solderless board to do the developing on, nothing worse than having to desolders wires when you've made a mess up. ...LOL

Let me know if you have any probs, I'll try help where I can.

You guys are way to slow. If it was the Americans on Reef Central, this Project would have been done by now :p :whistling:

You guys are way to slow. If it was the Americans on Reef Central, this Project would have been done by now :p :whistling:
:lol::lol::lol: this is Africa Time :tt2: plus the americans would of been able to go down to radio shack and buy everything off the shelves and not wait 4 to 6 weeks for delivery:whistling:

Back
Top Bottom