Odd nenny

I will admit, it does look a lot like those "jewel anemones" you see plaguing so many public aquariums here in the states... but I do believe those are cold water creatures. Henk- at what temp do you keep your system?

26deg C.... i'll go get one of those strong head lamp things and setup the cam on a tripod over the weekend

Found this short description on the jewel anemone's, seems they don't like too much light so maybe that's why it closes up when you shine your car's headlights on your tank.

Found on rocks in shaded places such as beneath overhangs and in crevices

Ugh, you guys and your standard measurements... 26C, that's like, what? 79F? Umm, not quite "cold water" but ok, fine Dean, you win.... at least until we have better pics. ;)

no no :lol: I haven't got a clue what it is, just taking a flyer here :whistling:

There's a big blue button in the top left hand corner? Geez... I must be going blind.

Oh, never mind, I see it now... thanks! :) Btw, you do know that EVERYTHING on this forum is blue, right? lol ;)

Hi
Mich here from WetWebMedia...
This link is not working for me but this does NOT look like a majano to me, I am fairly certain it is a Pseudocorynactis sp. looks like a Pseudocorynactis caribbeorum... please see page 198 in Aquarium Corals by Borneman and other examples here: Pseudocorynactis caribbeorum. - Google Image Search

Hi
Mich here from WetWebMedia...
This link is not working for me but this does NOT look like a majano to me, I am fairly certain it is a Pseudocorynactis sp. looks like a Pseudocorynactis caribbeorum... please see page 198 in Aquarium Corals by Borneman and other examples here: Pseudocorynactis caribbeorum. - Google Image Search

Hi, thanks for dropping in:thumbup: you planning on hanging around?

Looked at the link, it does indeed seem to be a psuedocorynactis, sounds like a nasty little predator too

A very WARM welcome MICH! Thanks for joining MASA and adding your educated opinion! Much appreciated! If you have some more time, we would also appreciate your comments on issues on our little marine keeping web-site! Thanks again!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Mich!! Thank you for your input. We're still all waiting for more pics from Henk. But wow, that's 3 of us here now! Awesome!

masahello

Thank you all for the very warm welcome! I just found your forum here Sara. But have visited this nice little site a couple of times. I heard Anthony Calfo talk about his visit to South Africa and wanted to check you guys out. You are certainly a very friendly group!

i dont think i should waste time taking more pics.... going to take it off....

A link to more info here: (does appear to work even though it states "serrver error".)
Server error!

I know Julian may have you scared, but I'm not so sure how quick I would be to get rid of it unless it was rather large. I had a couple in my tank for several years and they never presented a problem. I think they are quite beautiful. I wouldn't be terribly worried unless you have smaller perching fish like gobies or dragonettes.

masahello POCONOFISHY

Nice to have you hear:thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom