Nokia N8

Last edited:
Login - dont know if this link will work ..... awe doesn'twork ... pm me your email will try to mail you the downloaded file or just register with them .....

Last edited:
Did register, but it gives me an error. Me, I'm not too clued up in these things. Try and send me a link I can open on my phone and register the application from phone. This transfer thingies are not for me....lol

mail sent ... sorry for the delay ... went for supper ... 11 years wedding anniversary today .... ... hope that link works .....

Happy happy on your anniversary. Btw, I did not receive any mail yet. I registered on the sites where I was supposed to. Put the serial number of the phone in etc, downloaded the attachment file the guy provided on his post etc. But then I get an error. He mentioned that you need to go to applications, file manager etc, and you'll find something there, but I only see my memory status there. I must be doing something wrong. But like I mentioned before, I dunno much about the programming language of electronic things. Please help step by step guys. This old ballie is battling...........lol

Thanx for well wishes .... Just give me till tomorrow ...... hopefully there is in stock here in Newcastle .... I can get mine and do it on mine then will assist step by step ......

Loving it more everyday. Have about 1500 songs on it, dunno how many applications etc. Still battling to get the N8 to make me tea though :(

Tomorrow is 02 days back Chika :whistling: :tt2:

I'm still looking where you put the battery in:blush: .... Went back to Vodashop and fought with them as opened the box and found no battery:lol:

lol no stock in newcastle????:tt2:
I was fortunate ... stock came in the day I went to get it ......... Although we still short alot stuff here ......

is this N8 all its cracked up to be?

I'm lovin' it:yeahdude: ..... too much of stuff to play with and at the moment I'm looking to employ the services of a lawyer .... I have opened up a case of theft .... someone is stealing the hours in my day .... There's a good few that are missing:lol: I'm sure by next week my case will be solved then I can contribute more to this thread:tt2:

The best part is the 7.5mb connection i get with mtn 3.5G

which connects at real world speeds of up to 1,5mps only.Imagine your shock and awe when you realise mtn is fleecing you for your data bundles with price and speed.....:whistling:

You must be wondering what i'm talking about?lol simple CELL C.
Real world speeds of up to 7mbs on there 21mbs network for as low as R1999 for 60GB over 12 months which works out to R33 per GIGABYTE...now compare that to mtns r279 per gigabyte and you'll realise how they and vodacom has been and still is making us bend over to get an internet connection on their network.

Only please check your coverage first as they got all the big cities covered for now but they should have coverage for 67%of the country by june...

And if I sound like a advocate for cell c then I AM.lol because i've been on a mtn contract for the last 8years i'm i'm sick of the way they rip us of for data charges etc...not to mention incorrect billing three times this year alone on my account.And from my wifes contract its obvious that vodascum is none the better and just as expensive as mtn....

Oh and i tried to cancel my mtn contract which has 6 months left at R149 =R894 they told me to pay the R894+R1500(handset charge for a handest that cost R1900 when it was new) and over R2500 cancelation charges!thats like R5000 for a contract that only has six months left!:eek:

Thank goodness the consumer protection act is coming around in april which means they are only allowed to charge me a 10% cancelation fee and costs related to the handset so i will pay them their R1500 plus R84-90 and say goodbye forever and badmouth them forever just as they have been ripping me of forever:biggrin:

Last edited:
the 60GB cell c prepaid thing actually costs R2999, i have that aswell, but at the moment it is useless because i dont have coverage yet, so i am losing 5gb a month untill we get coverage, that is after the sales person at the cell c store said this would not happen, guess he just did not know what he was talking about... I have never had a single problem with mtn, but cell c seems to be a different story, you cant get through to their customer service (not even at 3am) as they are permanently experiencing high call volumes, i find that highly frustrating, a i regret purchasing this thing. It has downloaded 500mb for the whole of january and febuary.

Last edited:
the 60GB cell c prepaid thing actually costs R2999, i have that aswell, but at the moment it is useless because i dont have coverage yet, so i am losing 5gb a month untill we get coverage, that is after the sales person at the cell c store said this would not happen, guess he just did not know what he was talking about... I have never had a single problem with mtn, but cell c seems to be a different story, you cant get through to their customer service (not even at 3am) as they are permanently experiencing high call volumes, i find that highly frustrating, a i regret purchasing this thing. It has downloaded 500mb for the whole of january and febuary.

Nope its R1999-00 the deal with the modem is R2999-00 I am talking of data only and you use your own phone or modem.

Well yes then it seems a silly sales person was to blame for that,i was in a cell c store here in vanderbijlpark and they sold ten in the 15 minutes i was there lol.But they clearly explained to everyone there that for now its only edge reception until full 3g is launched in the vaal.

I would go back to the store that you purchased from and demand a refund from the manager because his staff wrongly informed you or failed to inform you!Stupid sales people like that unfortunately are far too common in our country in a multitude of companies:( so you should have also done your research first on sites like my broadband etc before impulse buying lol same as buying anything really including that pretty fish at the lfs that grows up eat anything!:biggrin:

Last edited:
Another thing is that mtn and vodcom currently have more hspa+ towers than cell c which began the upgrade before either. Another thing is that cell c marketed the new network as 4G when it actually just hspa+ and not 4G at all... I would not have minded the edge connection speed if it just worked but it does not, the only time it actually had internet access is when it switched to vodacom gprs (roaming) and thats about it.

Back
Top Bottom