No Water Rotation

Reaction score
The glue on the base of my skimmer decided to crack, so the "stoep" was under water and my sump empty,

I will only be able to sort out the skimmer tonight and get it back on the tank tomorrow morning,

Will it cause problems it the water doesn't rotate for about 18 hours ??

Physco as long as you keep your in tank circulation going then it will be fine. Try and point one of you powerheads at the surface so that it agitates the surface quite a bit to help with oxgenation.

Will it help if I ad an airstone in the tank, I won't be able to get to the power heads they are all under rocks,

Yes an airstone will help a lot.

Did you have a DSB in your sump, if so I think you may have a bit of die off in there, be careful of an increase in ammonia levels.

I don't have a DSB, only so "old school" filtration & cheato, I am rotating the water in the sump, pumping it from the "resevor" to the first compartment.

My G/F phoned and said that the two monit's and the cup coral have "spider webs" and the green chromis are going up for air, I told her to ad a airstone to the tank, hope it works

Sorry to hear psycho , you dont appear to have any luck with skimmers, but surely just having the skimmer `out` for a day or so shouldn`t upset your system so much?

it doesn't rain it pours !!!!

Luckely it isn't a major thing, it is a small crack in the PVC weld, I spoke to Adriaan he said it will be fine if I re-seal it with PVC weld again.

I am not to sure what is happening in the tank, I will be home in 30min to see what is wrong, I just hope it is not something major

Damn, sorry to hear about this, please keep us updated.

Skimmer is fixed up,

Fish and corals are fine, Can only put the skimmer on tomorrow morning

great stuff!!!

The skimmer Tom ??

I don't want to take the chance to put the skimmer back, I am scared that some how water gets in the skimmer, I want it to dry properly

Back
Top Bottom