No Power

Reaction score
Hi All

My electricity went off at 5 this morning.:( Now I'm at work & I'm worried about my tank. I haven't made provision for power outages yet. Maybe a case of closing the door after the horse has bolted but what do I need for the future? I like DIY & it's normally cheaper than plug & play but I'm open to all suggestions! Will the effect of a power outage be seen immediately or will it be evident only in a few days?

Thanks

you can get a deep cycle battery, battery charger and inverter unit and all set, and a battery operated airpump

I use a 1200va ups. All I run off it is the return and heater. Lasts for a couple of hours. . . You can get ups from Dallas. Prices are great. ;)

Hey man, I just have a battery operated airpump and the damn thing stopped working! I had 3 different ones and all stopped working but worked like a champ on my bros tank lol... If you get a ups, then it would be nice to set up a small return pump which uses little power as then it will keep the water flowing between the DT and sump and the also oxygenates the water :)

Hey man, I just have a battery operated airpump and the damn thing stopped working! I had 3 different ones and all stopped working but worked like a champ on my bros tank lol... If you get a ups, then it would be nice to set up a small return pump which uses little power as then it will keep the water flowing between the DT and sump and the also oxygenates the water :)

Thats' what I'd like to do.It seems that keeping the water flowing between tank & sump is the most important thing. Would be nice to have a heater going in the tank too!

yes i can, drop me a pm
i am getting prices today

Back
Top Bottom