No pe on my pincushion

Dean i also had a leather close up for sometime...a month at least possibly more... after putting in new blv bulbs...It has since opened up but I find that pe extension is best furthest from the light.

Something that also happened to me was a leather turn a bright yellow (which i was stoked about) and then a week later it dissolved. So not sure if this could be considered a precursor to bad health. Has there been any noticeable change in colour.

There has actually, they both have 2 noticeable yellow area's, about half the size of a 10c coin on the heads of the Pin Cushions. I noticed these yellow area's about a week ago, will monitor them. Thanks.

in my case its the opposite.my pincusion never wanted to open until i moved him right to the top under the MH.and he also seems to like alot flow

Looks like your pincushion is suffering from an identity crisis.
Thinks its an acro.:)

I have 04 Different pin Cushions in my tank. From very big to smallish. All of them opened and stayed open except for 01 that I bought from Shaun. It has been about 02 months now and I have only seen him open up about 05 times (Days), but if I move him he opens up nicely for the first day and then closes up again. I am tired of moving him 9maybe I must tie a string to him, hang him from the ceiling so he can move with the current...Lol)
Then I have this other one that closed about 02 weeks ago and decided not to open again (I have moved him as well and he also has this 02 yellow spots) Photo will follow
DSC09054.jpg

It is the one on the right side of the tank that closed now for 02 weeks

The bottom pics are the one I have only seen open about 05 times
DSC09304.jpg

DSC09134.jpg

maybe i shud take it back sean cause it was fine in my tank !!!! ;) maybe it doesnt like u ;)

Pin cushions tend to like quite a bit of flow. Make sure he gets a decent amount of flow.

I can guarentee you. 01 of the pin cushions like flow, the other more light with a brush of flow and the 02 remaining ones do not know what they like....

My pincushion has decided to fully extend again.... cool. i was just stressed cuz this was the longest that he ever closed up for. he is about 30cm away from a 150w mh and gets some pretty hectic flow over him.

What did I tell you ! He was sulking like your girlfriend does when you do not arrive promptly with her coffee in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom