Nitrate levels low

Reaction score
Hi All it's been a while since I asked for some help setting up this Nitra-guard on my African cichlid tank, now I have a Nitrate level of 5ppm, never had it that low. My PH is steady at 8.2 and Nitrite and Ammonia is 0. I have been reading on your site that saltwater tank keepers have a low Nitrate level don't change their tank water for a long time, my question is how often should I change my Cichlids water now it had a low Nitrate level

Steve

Happy new year to all,
it's been a while since I looked in here not a lot of change Mmmm. Anyway don't know if anyone else uses Nitra-guard for Cichlids but they work great in freshwater. I found the best way that suites my tank setup was to put my reactor in the tank hidden behind my rock, I made this from a short length of 85mm ID acrylic tube, fixed a small Tunze pump into the bottom and have an air pump with two air stones feeding air from above. To stop the cubes coming out I have a bit of foam in the top. Works great Nitrate is never above 10ppi and I change my water once every two weeks, Had to top up the reactor about a week before Christmas and the cubes are a nice light brown colour:).
Steve

Back
Top Bottom