Newish member to MASA but: ???

Reaction score
Hi to the MASA team, community and sponsors that make the sharing of knowledge on this site a pleasure. I have popped my opinion on a few topics from time to time and hope my comments have been taken with consideration.
Most do not know me.
I hope to learn from the interaction and readings of the threads and will pass on any knowledge i have for those prepared to listen.
OK so what do i know. Not quiet sure enough myself. About 40 years in the fish keeping hobby with the last 15 reef keeping.
Aquatronica aquarium control is my forte. So for those that want advice on problems, information, press my bell and help i will.
BTW i hope to get a GHL system soon to compare.

MWW2CS&D+5D&FT

If you dont know Short hand.
Married with wife 2 children one with a ???? the other without plus 5 dogs and Fish tanks;)
Well that is me MASA reefers, (guys? Na!! reefers is a better word):)
Howz IT?

BTW i hope to get a GHL system soon to compare.
SWEET!!
MWW2CS&D+5D&FT

If you dont know Short hand.
Married with wife 2 children one with a ???? the other without plus 5 dogs and Fish tanks;) hmmm one could imagine;)
Well that is me MASA reefers, (guys? Na!! reefers is a better word):)
Howz IT?
a reefer i am, but what about the poor FOWLR people then? they disadvantaged?:razz:

Welcome Nemos Janitor....

Where you from? joes mpuntain? JHB?

I see you are 104 years old (as per your profile), hows that working out for you?

:thumbup:
Welcome Nemos Janitor....

Where you from? joes mpuntain? JHB?

I see you are 104 years old (as per your profile), hows that working out for you?

Hmm the eye sight is is a little hazy these days. The memory is still there. I can still remember going to school with Jack Dickson at Glenwood before he took up the cane and became head master. In those days i used to jump on my BSA bicycle and ride across the railway lines that were been built close to where they were building the congela power station to the docs and collect tubefex worms for my fish caught from the umbilo river and congela park. Many years later they built a free way blocking the path so one could not do that anymore.
However i put my longevity down to the many years of running away from the park keeper at congela park with packets of plants and fish for the containers i scrounged.:biggrin:

Welcome

Hmm the eye sight is is a little hazy these days. The memory is still there. I can still remember going to school with Jack Dickson at Glenwood before he took up the cane and became head master. In those days i used to jump on my BSA bicycle and ride across the railway lines that were been built close to where they were building the congela power station to the docs and collect tubefex worms for my fish caught from the umbilo river and congela park. Many years later they built a free way blocking the path so one could not do that anymore.
However i put my longevity down to the many years of running away from the park keeper at congela park with packets of plants and fish for the containers i scrounged.:biggrin:

Eish, waited for Jacques or Tobes to post those nice welcome letters and I could just ditto, or copy and paste:whistling:. Now I have to do it solo :p

Welcome to the forum. Hope you have a nice stay here and please feel free to ask as much questions as possible

masahello

glad to have someone on board with your experience.

why not start a thread in the members setup thread and show us your systems.

lol @ Sean:lol:

Welcome to MASA, hope you enjoy your stay with us. With 15 years experience as a reefkeeper, I'm your student :p
So, how about some pictures of your tanks? :)

:wave2:

Hi Nemo's Janitor! Thanks for making your presence on MASA known to the world ;)

Awesome to have you aboard man! And great that you can share you knowledge with us.

Could you please be so kind as to post some pics of the various setups you might have? Including some hardware/engine room pics?

Many thanks! Cheers mate!
And Sean - unfortunately sometimes I too have to work my @rs3 off for the money that I earn ;)

hey nemos:)

ive noticed a few of your posts on masa a couple of times, so surprised you only introducing yourself now:) Its always nice to have new members who arent total noobs, so your input is very welcome.

well done on escaping with all those blood worms, i still have mental flash backs of being chased by homeless folk in herschel park cpt when i was catching koi carp on a pin for sunday sport. i grew up, jumped the fence and found the lovelly ladies of herchell high school far better:)

whats your main interest in marines (if you have one) is there a specific discipline that you enjoy, ie sps, mixed reef, predator?

ps, they say joes mountain is buildt on a reef, any golden anthias in your tank?

Eish, waited for Jacques or Tobes to post those nice welcome letters and I could just ditto, or copy and paste:whistling:. Now I have to do it solo :p

Welcome to the forum. Hope you have a nice stay here and please feel free to ask as much questions as possible
hehe i have stopped trying to beat them to the newbies....its that weird finger pointing thing of tobes and his threat of feeding box jellies that keeps him ahead. as for jacques, man those BIG LETTER WORDS are just AWESUM ek se! :)

I will need to upload some pic's for you reefers. But here is a filter room along with some stats sent to my iPhone.

Mike2008471a.jpg

Mike2008014.png

Mike2008017.png

Mike2008016.png

Welcome to MASA!!

Awesome setup you have there!! Tell us more!

Back
Top Bottom