New

Reaction score
Hi, i am andre from windhoek namibia, i want to start up a new salt water aquarium, i have a 50l tank a filter i read on the internet that you require live water and live rocks whare do you get this? All assistance will be appreciated on this. I do have 2 fresh water tanks that have been running for 4 months now so i know the basics about filtering but does this apply to salt water?

Hope to year from someone in this regard

Hello and Welcome

Basically, what you know about freshwater tanks, do not apply to marines. Game is completely different.

50L for a beginner without sump will be difficult. Stability issues. Unless you know how to maintain the main parameters, I would strongly suggest going for a bigger setup, including a sump area.

Read around here on MASA what you need to be able to maintain a marine system. I started on a 90L system, with 60L sump.

Welcome to MASA, hope you enjoy it here :)

Thank you, is it really neccessary for a sump? Would it be best to start with a larger tank and what size will be the best to start with? I do have a 150l tankthat i can use and will i need a sump on this?

is it really neccessary for a sump?

long story short, No you do not "Need" a sump. That being said there are advantages of having a Sump. Larger water volume, Most equipment hidden undet the tank... etc. You need to figure out what will work best in your situation.

Back
Top Bottom